Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 explorers, no eggs since last update...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    The chance of finding eggs has not been changed.
    Then, the "chance to find eggs" has always been far too low for the explorer quests to be achievable by most players in the time allotted.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The final one is only probably for the veterans. I will probably just barely hit it and I have all I can possibly get, and I only have 2 or 3 hours of downtime.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    You totally know what we'll tell you now, don't you?
    Please tell.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    Then, the "chance to find eggs" has always been far too low for the explorer quests to be achievable by most players in the time allotted.
    Bingo

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hi everyone,

In the latest changelog, we talked about the explorers:

• The Skill "Sturdy Shovel" works now as intended when Stripy Eggs were found by an Explorer

If you had this skill level 3, the explorers would bring back approximately +37% of loot, instead of the intended +9%.
    This is why explorers are finding less eggs since the latest update. The chance of finding eggs has not been changed.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

With all due respect, the explanation in the change log explains absolutely nothing at all. The explanation posted here gives details that make sense of the whole mess and if it had been included in the change log to start with may have avoided quite a bit of the negative energy expended around this change.

However, I still maintain that a change like this either should have waited till the next event. (How many events has the sturdy shovel skill been incorrect in so far anyway?) OR, communication prior to the change should have been issued informing everyone of what was going to happen and why. As it came completely out of the dark and in the middle of an event there are (once again) a lot of people frustrated and angry at BB.

Your organization really needs to start practicing some basic communication skills.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Something is very wrong here.

How does one skill change that very few possess change the entire game egg drop rate? How did that nerf the drop for adventures?

I think it's just a cash grab and will cause more to leave the game than one can imagine.

Very bad blood created here.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    I would if I had something to invest...
    Savages are the only ones bringing back any eggs today. My lucky and tavern explorers have brought back not a single one.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    in the last 2 days I have found less than 20 eggs with explorers, and the luck? one hasn't found any. I am a beginner player, no way I can make most of the goals. I'l be very luck to make the 300 goal. As for gems sale, I can only get those when they do the happy hour sales, otherwise can't afford enough to make it worth while.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by honnolea View Post
    Something is very wrong here.

How does one skill change that very few possess change the entire game egg drop rate? How did that nerf the drop for adventures?
    The drop rate of eggs in adventures has not been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    This achievement has multiple tiers. We do not expect every player to reach the maximum tier.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    3 lucky explorers before the change: 115 eggs
    3 lucky explorers after the change: 17 eggs

I wasn't really keeping track, so perhaps those are exaggerated results of one great run and one lousy run, but that seems like a big change to go from all finding something plus two finding a bonus to two finding nothing.

That said, this afternoon, I got just shy of 200 eggs from my 10 savage scouts and 1 fast explorer, which seem like fair results. I'm not sure whether there was any advantage or disadvantage relative to books.

Reply to Thread