Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 explorers, no eggs since last update...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    I cant believe this thread was taken seriously... I am averaging close to 300 eggs a day, if anything the egg drop rate has been too high from explorers considering we are also getting them as loot from adventures.
    Please explain to us simpletons how you are getting 300 eggs a day from explorers, because that is what this thread is about the eggs from explorers not adventures, not pvp, not the TO, and not quests. Doesn't matter if you are getting 1k eggs a day from any source other than explorers because we are ONLY talking about actually being able to accomplish the 3200 eggs from explorers achievement.

a bit more napkin math, there are 21 days that you can find eggs so you have to find 153 eggs per day to get the achievement. If anyone is getting that many eggs from explorers per day right now I'd love to hear how you are doing it so I can do that as well.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    I think what bothers me the most is that BB is not being honest and upfront about it. Instead just flat out lie. I don't mind the nerf that much. But I mind that they lie.

I noticed about 300 eggs a day the first week. Now it's barely over a 100. It's definitely a 40%-50% drop rate change (as many have reported from their own observations).

But the fact that BB came out and said. "NO. Nothing was changed. NO. The drop rate was the same. NO the coders/developers denied making any changes to reduce the explorers egg returns."

It's okay to say. "Hey we nerfed the explorers because there was an unintended bug that gave brought back too many eggs and we're balancing it so you get just the right amount.". Just come out and say that instead of the whole run around. Giving customers the run around is just digging yourself a hole.
    Hello,

I have said it before, and I will say it again: we are not lying. The change we made to the skill "Sturdy Shovel" was the only intended change.
    Our developers are still investigating, no problem has been found yet.

The change made to the explorers was mentioned in the Easter changelog, I even shared the exact percentages with you.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hello,

I have said it before, and I will say it again: we are not lying. The change we made to the skill "Sturdy Shovel" was the only intended change.
    Our developers are still investigating, no problem has been found yet.

The change made to the explorers was mentioned in the Easter changelog, I even shared the exact percentages with you.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor
    Okay. So this is what I understand.

The 40-50% nerf was not a balance change. Since you said right there it's not an intended side effect or change.

You're still investigating. Fair enough. The investigation should include comparing log files of explorers egg results the first week. And compare the explorer egg results the second week.

If you guys can just share that information, that would be great.

Start by comparing various accounts who had the same explorers do the same thing every week. If you can clearly see there is a 40-50% difference. Then you can come out and say. Yes. We notice that there was a discrepancy. We are still looking at the code to see what is causing that.

If you don't see any difference in the logs. At least say, hey we checked the log files and there was not that much of a difference. Then come out and say that. What methods are you using to investigate? If the only investigation involves having a programmer stare at code all day long and insist there is nothing wrong. But the data out there available proves otherwise- he is missing something. I know because I am a programmer and starring at code sometimes you tunnel vision and don't see the bug in front of you. And it's easy to say nothing is wrong. But the data and reports clearly proves otherwise.

That's basically, what the customer wants to hear. That would be 'transparency' and proper communication with the customers. I think people are upset because you are not confirming what a lot of players are reporting. And making players feel like we're all delusional.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by omega_redux View Post
    Please explain to us simpletons how you are getting 300 eggs a day from explorers, because that is what this thread is about the eggs from explorers not adventures, not pvp, not the TO, and not quests. Doesn't matter if you are getting 1k eggs a day from any source other than explorers because we are ONLY talking about actually being able to accomplish the 3200 eggs from explorers achievement.

a bit more napkin math, there are 21 days that you can find eggs so you have to find 153 eggs per day to get the achievement. If anyone is getting that many eggs from explorers per day right now I'd love to hear how you are doing it so I can do that as well.

I can also confirm that I have seen about 300+ eggs a day the first week. By the end of the first week before the Tuesday maintenance. I was already more than half way completing the achievement. And this is based on just logging in once a day and checking on my explorers. All very long searches. I didn't even bother logging in twice a day to do the lucky explorers twice like others. I have 18 special explorers + 3 taverns.

Now this is the extreme end of the spectrum. This means you have to SPEND gems on all the savage scouts (lucky explorer) to get the number of eggs I'm getting. An average player might not have that many gems as I do. Nor that many explorers.

Those who have 2 lucky explorers from previous events and store bought might have an advantage. You'll want to put book talents into the shovel skill as well.

21 explorers can bring about 300+ a day. (this was only the first week).

If my 21 explorers is only bringing 100-150 a day. (currently) That's really awful. Just think about all the players who have half as many explorers as I do.

They'll never complete the achievement at the current rate.

The first week, I saw lots of 32 egg returns and lucky explorers bring back double 32 eggs. This week I barely saw 32 eggs on a given day. I think I had 2-3 days with no 32 eggs. Today only 1 explorer brought back 32 eggs. And this is out of 21 explorers.

World
    Zeus
    Actually, I'm getting around 250 eggs a day since the change. BUT..... its taking 12 savage scouts, 3 experienced exlporers, 3 tavern scouts and 3 lucky exporers, 21 total, to do so. Anyone with just a couple of explorers is really out of luck this year, especially after the change.

I'm angry that spending all the gems/money I spent to be able to benefit from all these explorers has been degraded. Sure, I still benefit, but not nearly as much as was happening when I made the purchases several years ago. The amount of eggs dropped was lowered from last year. Used to be 0-3-5, 0-6-10, 0-12-20, 0-24-40. Not 0-2-4, 0-4-8, 0-8-16, 0-16-32. THEN, the big nerf happened and lowered the drops by 39 to 40% besides.

Am I getting enough eggs to finish the achievement: yes. Am I getting enough eggs to buy some of the stuff I want: yes. Am I still getting the value I paid for when I purchased scouts & explorers for gems/cash: hell no. So the question I have for BB is : What's the point of us spending money to invest in items to make our game play easier and more enjoyable, when you slowly change what we purchased to be of much less value. Why should I spend any more money on this game when I'm getting a slow uncomfortable screwing for my dollars?

World
    Zeus

3200 egg joke

I have 274 might make it to 300 LOL some days I get none.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Actually, I'm getting around 250 eggs a day since the change. BUT..... its taking 12 savage scouts, 3 experienced exlporers, 3 tavern scouts and 3 lucky exporers, 21 total, to do so. Anyone with just a couple of explorers is really out of luck this year, especially after the change.

I'm angry that spending all the gems/money I spent to be able to benefit from all these explorers has been degraded. Sure, I still benefit, but not nearly as much as was happening when I made the purchases several years ago. The amount of eggs dropped was lowered from last year. Used to be 0-3-5, 0-6-10, 0-12-20, 0-24-40. Not 0-2-4, 0-4-8, 0-8-16, 0-16-32. THEN, the big nerf happened and lowered the drops by 39 to 40% besides.

Am I getting enough eggs to finish the achievement: yes. Am I getting enough eggs to buy some of the stuff I want: yes. Am I still getting the value I paid for when I purchased scouts & explorers for gems/cash: hell no. So the question I have for BB is : What's the point of us spending money to invest in items to make our game play easier and more enjoyable, when you slowly change what we purchased to be of much less value. Why should I spend any more money on this game when I'm getting a slow uncomfortable screwing for my dollars?
    BB claims it is intended.

But, I think they kind of realize that explorers are too powerful. Having too many give players with the gem buying power a huge advantage over other players in regards to events with event resources and explorers. This is probably why they're no longer offering the experienced explorer this year's event. If the number of explorers increase over time. This will dilute the event resource problem they're experiencing. It might even reach a point where they'll nerf explorers from events where explorers cant get event resources.

It's going to be hard to balance out the explorer and event resources problem if they keep raising the explorers that you can own.

The only real way to sort of fix this problem is have a finite number of eggs you can bring back. And once that is capped out then the explorers can't bring back anymore? I don't know. But that sort of balance will really piss off a lot of customers like you and me that spent real money on gems and buying explorers.

I think the Halloween event is the only one where explorers don't bring back pumpkins and the rate you earn pumpkins is controlled by the cemetery. and doing adventures ( but that is also kind of timed based limiting factor ). Too many explorers that can bring resources back is a huge advantage to those with gems. (To the point of Pay 2 Win). All of the Xmas Event. I got done because I had so many explorers that got a lot of presents. And hoarding from previous year. I didn't even bother doing any adventures to get presents.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    No prob Omega, I always wanted to see what riding the short bus was like.

I have my explorers with full science as an FYI and I am probably missing one or two because I go MIA for long periods of time due to RL.

15 savage scouts.
    2 lucky explorers.
    3 tavern bums.

Long search for savage (some have slightly different load outs) is between 7-10 hours for a long search.
    Lucky is 5 hours for a long search. Lucky often brings x2 slots of eggs.
    Assuming we do all long searches full tilt, you have between 32-43 with a full 8 of those having a chance of double eggs
    Assuming 10 eggs per at a maximum with proper science (it may be higher i just dont care enough to look at the individual egg rewards) there is a possible daily maximum of 510.
    Hence why 300 isn't a stretch, In my experience 60% of explorers return eggs.

All that aside if I was real micro its even more efficient with medium searches, but I dont have time for that. A smart man who also had lucky explorers and did some basic math would also see another way of getting eggs from them that pays better than the actual egg shop.

I have had the 3200 egg achievement done since last week. Again it takes the A out of achievement if it is easily accomplished for everyone. Only the dedicated/most devoted settlers should be getting top tier achievements imo, and it is a business it should be designed to people who have used/will use gems.

@Perwyn the value compared to when those explorers were bought was huge, considering the science skill reducing time. Compared to easters past even with a nerf (arguable there is no nerf I really havn't seen a drop off) more eggs are flowing in from explorers than ever.

My main gripe is saying endesmor is lying/getting worked up. Never talked to the guy/gal, however he/she is clearly very responsive compared to the last few BB's that have been managing the forum. Just look how often he/she posts communication and it becomes very clear there is an improvement in community moderation we havn't seen since the days of Kate. Why would an adult lie about something so trivial in nature. You know I love you Ron, but it feels like you are ready to get a pitchfork and go medieval around here.

B

World
    Zeus
    I get your point Ron, but people who play for free don't pay any of BB's expenses or generate any profit for them. No offense meant to the people who play for free.

Spending money should get you something that you're not getting by playing for free. If they take away the incentive to spend money, like buying explorers to get more event resources so I don't have to quit my job and play full time to get enough eggs or whatever, where/how will they make money? If I get something from an event for free, I almost always go get the one(s) they offer in the shop afterwards for gems. If it gets to where there's no advantage to spending money on the game, why bother? And why should I spend any more money at all if they keep on kicking me in the face?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I get your point Ron, but people who play for free don't pay any of BB's expenses or generate any profit for them. No offense meant to the people who play for free.

Spending money should get you something that you're not getting by playing for free. If they take away the incentive to spend money, like buying explorers to get more event resources so I don't have to quit my job and play full time to get enough eggs or whatever, where/how will they make money? If I get something from an event for free, I almost always go get the one(s) they offer in the shop afterwards for gems. If it gets to where there's no advantage to spending money on the game, why bother? And why should I spend any more money at all if they keep on kicking me in the face?

I don't disagree with you. I don't mind the extra pay 2 win tilt. I like the feeling of my explorers being awesome right now or being able to have an easier time with the explorers.

BB needs to make money. And I spent real money to support them. So giving me that advantage with the explorers make me feel good.

And this event should give those who don't spend gem a reason to. It should encourage them to spend money to get that achievement.

But I think what would suck is those who spent money on explorers with the nerf recently and cant complete the achievement should some how be compensated with an extension of the event.

I can't imagine completing that achievement without the number of explorers that I have.

Reply to Thread