Reply to Thread

Thread: Using the new Defensive General

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Lightbulb Using the new Defensive General (Master of defense)

Current usage for blocking generals

Actually slow generals are used usually (in few guides I have seen veteran general in some blocks). When using slow generals the main target to make a good blocking is to use the general in a simulation where you win the 100% of times. Why? because the destruction of the camp give you 1 extra turn... if the blocking time is 5-8 (7.33), it will act as 6-9 (8.33).

What is happening with the new general?

Blocking with new general (Master of defense) is different.. why?

You need to use another aproach for combats with him. The main feature of this general is a very high life, and a small hit. In combats, general is the last unit killed. With this in mind, to raise the number of rounds to the max we will need to destroy the max number of troops, but we will search combats where we lose the 100% of the times. Defensive general will need a lot of rounds to be killed (few enemy troops = small damage).

Lets see a fast example in horse back.

In first campament A1 (70 nomads and 40 lance riders) we would have with normal general and 48E

4-10(5.66), with 99.00 win %.. that means 5-11 (6.66) rounds.

With the new general, assigning 42E, we get 11-23 (17.55) rounds

Just by setting 1E more .. 43E, it just drops to 6-22 (17.03) rounds, still a nice average but the min rounds dropped to just 6 (dangerous). This is because we win at least one of combats in simulations (my sim does 10k simulations).

The important thing to remember is that we get the extra rounds where the general is alone against a small number of enemies.

VERY IMPORTANT: The new general is a fast general, this means that rounds last for 10 seconds instead of 20, keep this in mind.. because we will need at least 2x times the number of rounds for a longer blocking attack.

You can use my simulator to do your own tests.

http://settlersonlinemaps.com/fastsim.php?LangCode=2

Best regards

World
    Ares
    Thanks for this. I'll try it out.
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I ran some tests myself on outlaws...and you can block the two camps leading to the last leader using the new MofD general. That will allow you to close the adventure right after the leader is defeated and have all the units back on main island in 15 minutes...instead of having to reload the troops from your regular blocking generals to fast generals once they come back to their garissons.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thank you shared this.. Great Info

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof1982 View Post
    ...and you can block the two camps leading to the last leader using the new MofD general.
    was this done using 2 MoD generals? If no, how are you blocking 2 camps with 1 gen? If yes, how did you get the second MoD?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It wasn't done using two as there is no way to get the second one yet. I have ran some scenarios in the simulator, and got a satisfying number of rounds...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    a second MoD can be bought with gems if you got the first one using stripy eggs

Reply to Thread