Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making Premium worth the money, and might actually increase gem sale

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by kzar View Post
    Also it is possible for free players to use star coins for gems, adding this to weekly free gems and gems for various achievements, they can eventually buy a gem pit, then another one and so on, and BB will never receive a dime.
    Quite funny - how many players who have saved for a gem pit with free gems do you know? I'm on the same server as you and know none Sure, it's doable, but that's an uber-hardcore achievement, and even in couple years there will be maybe handful of such people on Ares... These players have close-to-zero impact on BB sales

7. If you cannot change the travel speed between zones, then let's have a Premium General
    8. And why not have a few Premium buildings that would be working only while using premium time
    9. Eliminate gems from free play (again)
    What about:

10. Add achievements based on real money spent on gems
    11. Add special gem items (decorations would do) that can only be purchased if you have spent $1000/5000/10000 and more
    12. A free 100-unit slow general (with unique animation) for those who have bought everything from the shop

Heck, the paying elite needs some competition too, right?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    $10k.....uhm no

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    And I'm sorry to say that this issue is not about the player who spend $100 or $10.000, it's about those who are not paying at all but are getting all the benefits. Computer games industry is not a welfare program.
    can they at least get some "free cheese"?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    can they at least get some "free cheese"?
    How about paying with gems for login every day.. That ought to make sure that only paying players (far fewer) play this game..

World
    Ares
    For a free game, BB I think is doing too much to accommodate the non-money players. Sorry free players, but play any so called "free game" many of the goodies introduced to the game as a common feature to both PA and non-PA accounts is very different.

Non-PA accounts gets the bare bones, slow, tedious ways to do things, produce things, get ahead in the game things.
    PA accounts get the things that makes their gaming experience more streamlined and less tedious and better time management abilities.

There are so many things BB can do to get players to want to pay for PA and sure the "free players" will hate it because they are the ones bearing the brunt of the divide between the have and have nots.

1. The ability to load/move things faster into the barracks and provision house.
    2. Those new irma buffs, or you can create a new buff that if PA account players place on themselves it has the same effect if a PA friend dropped it on them.
    3. The time bonus we get for buffs also applies to self buffing or if a non-PA players drops them (meaning, shouldn't matter if the friend has PA, if they buff a PA account. The PA account should get the buff bonus time).
    4. An extra free trade slot for the TO.
    5. An extra building que slot.
    6. A gen(s) that can only be used and available on PA. Many possibilities there on what abilities, troop count, travel speed, recovery speed that gen(s) could have.
    7. The ability to tell where your gen (the ponie walking) once on an attack. Example click on the tent and that little blue shield pops up over the horse as it's walking on the adventure.
    8. The ability to set scouts/geo's to automatically search for a set thing for a set amount of times. Say geo's to look for a certain deposit when an existing deposit runs out, or a scout that returns can be set back out immediately to search again for the same thing it looked for last time. Have that amount low, so you still have to manage them, but he is automated to a little degree compared to what they are now.
    9. Allow an increase of books/manuscripts/codex to the geo's and scouts that can only be possible on a PA account. Those extra slots gains are locked out when your not on PA. Or add a new tier with a cap limit, so not to get too crazy like the system is presently for stuff to max them out.
    10. That said, put a cap limit to the science tree you can only have access too if your on a PA account.

There are a lot of things that could be added, but you get the point.

If many of the games features geared towards getting players to pay because they couldn't get the things that make the game more enjoyable to play. You're not going to get many to open their wallets and dish out if you can get the same features for free.

Like I said, free players will hate this idea and will go kicking and screaming now, if BB changes the game play to be more like that.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    If you could trade gems while on premium I'd never not be on premium, just saying. A 2nd build queue would be a nice bonus for premium instead of adding another slot to the build queue like we get now.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by omega_redux View Post
    If you could trade gems while on premium I'd never not be on premium, just saying. A 2nd build queue would be a nice bonus for premium instead of adding another slot to the build queue like we get now.
    Gems for Friends was tried before and just led to ppl scamming. if you want gems buy them with real money, if not then do with what you get. support the game and ppl running it by getting some every now and then. but premium should give better perks to the person buying it not someone else. the 2 daily quests were ok but with the reworking of them it's 2 useless or deleted quests.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1 - why when *i* pay for premium do i NOT get the benefit in the buffs??? it should be 10% to friend and 50% to me ...

Agree w/ Forrell on a few points

4) agreed
    5) agreed
    6) agreed

Add -- WEAPONS drops in loot for premium players...

Reply to Thread