Reply to Thread

Thread: egg to gold coin conversion

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Angry egg to gold coin conversion

Seriously? That is all? I kept some for the 'event' where you can use old stuff to buy stuff... had I known it was a very very very very very very very very very very tiny amount of gold coin, I would have given the rest away. I would rather someone else have something useful rather than the CRAPPY exchange rate of eggs to gold coin.... not happy at all. This could have been resolved with a heads up on what was going to happen.

Signed a very not happy
    Toasdy

World
    Zeus
    Points you to yesterday's official forum post on the matter:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...l=1#post258100

Agrees with you that 1 day's notice is not enough since most people don't regularly/ever check the forums.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    It was better than I was expecting. I was figuring it would be 1:1.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares

Unhappy

I would be very upset if they did not tell us they were going to remove this years eggs until the day before the event. And I agree that while the forum is a great way to find out what is going on in the game, not all players read it. If they really wanted everyone to know about it, they should have sent at least sent an in-game mail to everyone. What would make it even better would be if they linked the in-game mail with a gift, so that players could not erase it, so they would have to open the mail and accept the gift in order to clear it from the mail. Aside from that, they also could have given some advanced notice for what they intended, like a 'sneak peak' or 'developer's diary', and put it right in front of us, maybe on the front screen.

Hold on - they did send us a mail gift with eggs, with that information. And strangely enough, the same sneak peak that informed the players about the summer event told all the players this would happen. It was also included in the developer's diary as well, and the links to these were on the homepage where they announced the event. In fact, one of the developers made an additional blog about the decision about the change in the event resources, and this link was posted on the homepage. Aside from that, the conversion rate for eggs has been the prime topic of discussion in the trade channels since the event began, and has been a fairly regular one in global for the last week. The only thing that was announced the day before the event ended was the actual exchange rate.

Perhaps it would save a lot of angst to take a bit of time to use the forum as a source of game information, rather than a place to whine after the fact.

World
    Ares
    BB should really do in game mails for stuff like this. Something simple and brief and a link to the forum to read it more in depth. Not everyone comes here. I did read a few times BB say they would convert this years eggs to coin, and it would be a pretty crummy gold coin return at that. So I at least sent all my eggs off to guildies in hopes they could do that last dash to get what they were trying for.

I was also expecting 1:1 conversion rate as well. As for the last minute notification that old eggs would be useless... :/ I've turned them into collectibles I use, so not useless anymore and I hope those that bought them from me can get something useful too later on during the coming event.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    At least I got in game mail about conversion at beginning of the event. I think the message also contained 5 eggs.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani321 View Post
    At least I got in game mail about conversion at beginning of the event. I think the message also contained 5 eggs.
    Yes, we sent an in-game mail at the beginning of the event, about the automatic conversion that would happen at the end of the event.

BB_Endesmor

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasdy View Post
    Seriously? That is all? I kept some for the 'event' where you can use old stuff to buy stuff... had I known it was a very very very very very very very very very very tiny amount of gold coin, I would have given the rest away. I would rather someone else have something useful rather than the CRAPPY exchange rate of eggs to gold coin.... not happy at all. This could have been resolved with a heads up on what was going to happen.

Signed a very not happy
    Toasdy
    you got told plenty of times they would be exchanged and plenty of times that it would be a crappy exchange, frankly im happy you got shafted because you ignored all the players telling people don't hoard them thinking you'd get some 20gc per egg or whatnot ratio you thought you would get.

Reply to Thread