Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP colony resources

Soldier
    World
    Ares

PvP colony resources

Being one of the apparently few that enjoys doing PvP, I would like it to succeed.

That said, as everyone has already stated a few times, the rewards are seldom equal to the cost of taking a colony. I can see the reasoning behind charging a "finders fee" to start an expedition, and I can see why you wouldn't want to make PvP a huge source of resources flooding into the economy.

But...as it stands now, outside of special events, you'd have to be crazy to go after a colony other than granite, or maybe titanium. Even exotic lumber has such a low return compared to the cost of taking it, that it is not worth it. The problem now is that if I want to attack a granite colony, I'm going to have to launch many searches to find one. On small colonies it isn't too bad, one will often pop up, but on huge colonies it is a somewhat rare event.

So...if there is no desire to increase the resources given by a colony, can we perhaps just get rid of all the colonies that aren't granite or titanium? That way it will be easier to find a colony owned by somebody else (for achievements) and we won't have to burn through a warehouse full of coins and sausages (and explorer cooldowns) in order to find something that is worth attacking. That would make PvP a lot more fun, for me at least.

Cheers!

World
    Ares
    Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions!

BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    Heyas W1lson and BB_Endesmor. I'm another person who enjoys doing expeditons. I agree that the resources should be reworked. Coal, marble, etc should be discontinued, salt petre should be added and iron should stay but be bumped up just a hair. Call me crazy if you want, but I'll take an iron colony. I mostly take iron and titanium colonies, occasionally granite, never anything else. Since I have a cannon chain, salt would be a welcome addition. The lower weapons cost has made a difference. More of my guildmates have at least tried an expedition now. Some of them will even admit to having fun with it.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Salt would be nice I agree.

I've now moved up to T2, and its getting even harder to find any colonies worth taking. If I have to spend 400-500+ gold coins and put 3-5 explorers on cooldown every time I want to find a decent colony I can't see myself continuing with PvP.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I also enjoy the expeditions and agree with the above statements. In addition, to have to farm the acquired resources by clicking the "collect resources" button within a specified number of hours is prohibitive for many players who enjoy the game while still living a life of work, family obligations etc. I realize it is incomprehensible, but there are many players who do not live in our parents' basements and play 24/7 while in our pajamas all day.

Since uncollected resources are lost into the netherworld of pixels, this is just one more notch that may discourage what could eventually be more avid players. I would also like to submit that collection times be done away with and the resources be auto-sent instead via mail much like the current loot drops are from adventures, only every X number of hours. In addition any resources that are "in limbo," meaning not fully eligible for collection at the time an island is captured, could be sent to the island captor as bonus loot thus giving more incentive to capture islands.

ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader
    The Creators Guild
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 04-18-15 at 10:29 am.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    +1 to your suggestions ShuttlePilot. While I do love wearing my pajamas all day if at all possible, my parents kicked me out of the basement 20 years ago, so it is hard to get online to click on "collect" every 6 hours. Even harder to care enough to do so!

I think the combat mechanics for the expeditions are great, just some tweaks to the overall system and it would be something a lot of people would be interested in.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    As someone who has done 15 searches in a row without finding a granite colony to conquer, i would like each search to include at least one colony of each type of resource. we are searching for resources and i would like to see our geos do the searches rather than explorers. i try to keep my explorers busy and it makes more sense to have the geos find the resource. thanks for reading.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    During the event I hit that magical "can't find any good resource colony nor player owned ones" as well, from one day to another without so much of a reason that one could come up with.

Due to cancelling more than I take over, I doubt a win/loss ratio would be the cause of a sudden change of good colonies to choose from, then again, BB logic might apply here. Maybe it's just an algoryhtm kicks in that tells you to stfu for a couple days.

I started expeditions yesterday again and I'm finding both good colonies as well as player owned ones, only time passed between the event until now for me in that regard, "thus" my values are "reset to good".

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by a3tiger View Post
    we are searching for resources and i would like to see our geos do the searches rather than explorers. i try to keep my explorers busy and it makes more sense to have the geos find the resource. thanks for reading.
    That makes a lot of sense...and might give some incentive to train more than one geo

Awwadul
    it would help if the number the number of medipacks was increased for the higher lvl colonies, but for a tier 2 regular it's still 4, same as for a tier 1 small

Reply to Thread