Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old idea - Guild bank

Mayor
    World
    Zeus

Lightbulb Old idea - Guild bank

Just wondering, if there is any chance that guild bank will ever be implemented and released?
    1 year / 2 year / 5 years from now? ever?
    Or has the idea been totally scrapped?

I think it is a great feature which should be implemented.

World
    Zeus
    +1 Please, I've been looking forward to the guild bank since it's first mention.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    BB said back during the expo thingy that it's dead in the water, too many complications. besides the thing was a waste. everyone had to have one, it was expensive to upgrade, and it had zero overlook on who paid stuff back or in besides the last 10-20 transactions. there was no real control over it, so a player could take stuff out then leave the guild without paying the resources back. the name should have just been guild storage instead of bank, since that's what it was more or less

World
    Zeus
    Maybe they should make it just a guild leader building like the guild house. Guild leader could set the member rank that could have access to it but yes, guild storage would be another good name.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    The original concept had flaws but I'd still like to see one again. It would be nice to be able to store certain items and have them available to guild members when they needed them. I don't think improving the game for guilds is very high on the priority list though. They've constantly taken steps that make the guild quests less and less worthwhile and have done nothing to rebalance them. And the guild merchant continues to usually have 1 limited good deal surrounded by all worthless deals. I can't imagine they care enough to give us new stuff when they can't even fix the current system.
    LoAr

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I concur with Methius, guild quests are getting less worthwhile, as well as the guild merchant. As far as guild bank, i think the only way it could work is if the guild members submitted requests for items then the guild admin would approve. This would control who had access and it would keep people from stealing things and running away. Another better idea might be in the trade office have a guild tab where guilds could have their own transactions. However I think the guild bank would be allot of work to implement and we are unlikely to see anything soon.
    There is only one like me! The original captain! CAPTAIN_CHRIS!

immaduck
    I myself keep a large assortment of Adventures. If a guild mate needs one all they have to to do is ask in guild chat and most members are willing to help. If not a member can either whisper me or email me and I will send. That’s how we work around the guild bank issue.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    In my guild, the bigger problem (of not having a guild bank) is not when someone is needing something but when someone is wanting to give away something, whether they are at max storage capacity (and they dont want to star) or they are quitting or taking a break or they are just feeling generous, but no one is online at the moment who is wanting to take (but most likely) NEEDing those items- here is where a guild bank would most come in handy, that player just drop those resources or items in the guild bank for a player to take out later. Of course a solution would be (and has been used) is another player take those resources or items and then passes them out to players who need them when they come online later.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Chris View Post
    Another better idea might be in the trade office have a guild tab where guilds could have their own transactions.
    that would be reallly really awesome

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Wow had this worked out pretty well in a sense that you had multiple guild tabs in the bank. Some guild tabs were freely available for deposit/withdrawal and all guildies could dip in as much as they wanted. Usually this was regular low level stuff they did not need and did not mind giving to guildies.
    As you progressed through tabs, restriction on number of items you could withdraw per day and how many in a stack were applied by the guild leader, and also by your rank.
    In higher tabs, you could see what was in there but not access it, and had to ask GL directly. This was hard to get, limited availability stuff that guild could use but sparingly and at the GL's discretion. In highest tab you had no access even to view. Only GL/officers.
    Granted I think this is all a bit elaborate considering how many items there are in TSO vs wow where such regulation was necessary but still it was a decent but simple system.
    As for guildies joining and leaving, generally lowest ranks had no access except to first tab and you could restrict that too until they passed the test period so that you couldn't easily guild hop, and not for huge profit anyway.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I really don't see the need for a guild bank anymore. Most decent guilds have a plethora of high level players who go out of there way to take care of guildies. Whether it be extra adventures or resources etc. Different guilds have different "policies" on how they handle it or administer it. It does annoy the heck out of me to see people in guilds come in global and ask for help though -but thats just me.

Reply to Thread