Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Something needs to change

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    As someone who stayed around after hitting big 5-0 for the friends I met in the game, I would really like to see BB make more of an effort to strengthen the community aspect of the game.

Enhance the guild system where it is more than just a group of people with a shared tag. Make the guild coins worth something, hold inter-guild events/competitions, offer better guild items, provide an incentive for a well managed guild like special tags, etc.

Absolutely agree with Dris's comment on enforcing age-appropriate chat in Global. I think all you will have to do is to check activity in Global 1 after mods were enforced and it will speak for itself. It's not that I want rampant *** and drug talk in a public chatroom but you have to determine whether such age-centric moderation is worth the loss in activity not only in chat but for the game.

Need more new adventures. PVP just isn't cutting it for a lot of people.

It's a tall order but this game needs a major renaissance. Good luck BB.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I think the main thing is that the new content isn't ever really new - and that the one batch of new content "pvp" was just soo bad it created an incentive to quit.

I have no idea how long the development cycle was intended for this game, but I doubt there is enough manpower to do justice.

In my opinion the only real viable way to keep old players engaged was a functioning pvp system that was engaging and encouraged competitive events. If there were actual events for specific rewards I couldn't just buy easily activity would increase, same to be said if "PVP' was actually PVP where I could conquer a seperate island and then actually work to develop it and spend resources to fortify/protect that then gave me some form of discernible bonus.

I think the science system should also finally be finished and include some grind- talk about a let down roll out there.

Also I believe I take the honour for being the longest tenured in the thread true.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    if only i didnt lose my first account and was forced to start over :P

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    I think the main thing is that the new content isn't ever really new - and that the one batch of new content "pvp" was just soo bad it created an incentive to quit.

I have no idea how long the development cycle was intended for this game, but I doubt there is enough manpower to do justice.

In my opinion the only real viable way to keep old players engaged was a functioning pvp system that was engaging and encouraged competitive events. If there were actual events for specific rewards I couldn't just buy easily activity would increase, same to be said if "PVP' was actually PVP where I could conquer a seperate island and then actually work to develop it and spend resources to fortify/protect that then gave me some form of discernible bonus.

I think the science system should also finally be finished and include some grind- talk about a let down roll out there.

Also I believe I take the honour for being the longest tenured in the thread true.
    Several of us suggested a real PvP years ago. (I go back to beta). I saw never anyone suggest anything like BB come up with.
    Last edited by Wimpy; 04-23-15 at 11:24 am.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Pvp was promised early on during beta.... but the focus shifted. The expeditions really are a travesty to be called pvp so we are all still waiting I suppose. The real key doesn't have to be PVP in structure it just needs to involve a form of competition that makes people want to log in be active and enjoy content.

Currently there is 0 competition.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    While having large guilds with inactive players does defeat the purpose of having a large guild, it is really not up to anyone else to dictate how another guild behaves. If a guild wishes to keep inactive player in the guild, where someone has purchased additional guild spaces and they are willing to accept harder guild quests from being on a higher tier, it should be their right to do so. Even though the setup for guilds make them "owned" by the leader, the members benefit from what is a 'democracy by feet', as the only penality for leaving a guild is having to wait 24 hours to join a new one. Additionally, the interface to see if a player has logged in and has completed the guild quest is available to all players - giving transparency for the members. The policy our guild uses is to request that anyone who is planning on being inactive post it on their member information, and the officers spot check for inactivity and note who is inactive - and remove people who have been inactive for over a certain time, with a letter inviting them to contact us when they return to the game so they can reapply to the guild.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I should have classified the "inactive guild issue" as a pet peeve perhaps --but I am disappointed that so many on here are wasting their time on here disputing that which we all agree is a minor issue instead of contributing other ideas to help make the game more interesting or at least show support for the general idea that we need "Changes".

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Hey im trying! ""Without getting too vitriolic (yes one of my specialties I know)I'm going to throw out a few random large scale ideas for the future."'

Drischavrel
    I would also much rather see this thread focus on ways to strengthen the community, since that is, in fact, the originally stated concern. Captain Chris makes a good point about the server connections (it can be frustrating when people keep losing chat in the middle of a guild event or discussion), and I also agree with Eriond about the gqs often seeming just not to be worth the effort, especially as a guild grows larger.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Making co-operative adventures worthwhile would go someway to fostering a sense of community/teamwork/whatever..

Reply to Thread