Reply to Thread

Thread: Advanced guide customization for advanced players

Mayor
    World
    Zeus

Post Advanced guide customization for advanced players

Hi All,

I have my own sim, and I often use completely custom troop calculations for playing any adventure.
    This is my attempt to share my troop data for attacking various camps in various adventures with the community.
    I don't have bandwidth or desire to make it very pretty.. so this is totally for advanced users, who would like to take advantage of their unique needs / resources.

Look at the data and format in which I am presenting it.. and hopefully it will be more clear what I mean.

So.. Here is the link -
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...n5-7M/pubhtml#

Again, feel free to post custom requests on this thread, or message me in game.
    I do not guarantee to fulfill the request, but I will try my best.

As an example of custom adventure guide.. Look at the first adventure "Sleeping Volcano" which is ready.
    Ignore the rest for now.. since their data may be stale.. and I am yet to check and make sure it's up to date.

With my 3 MMA, and 1 Vet, I completed Sleeping Volcano with only 12R max losses.
    As of today, I do not find such troop combination anywhere.

Hope many players will find it useful.

Thanks

PS - For those who are curious, the combinations have been run with 111k simulations for each battle.
    I still cannot exclude the possibility that there is a bug in my sim.. and hence,
    Use these numbers at your own risk.. or after validating on test server or your favorite sim.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    This post will be updated as the spreadsheet is updated.

List of adventures for which numbers are ready to be used -

Sleeping Volcano
    Traitors
    Valiant Little Tailor

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    It's not clear to me where your max 12R losses is coming from. There appear to be a number of columns that show (or could show) recruit losses: Loss, Loss Count, R and RL. All of them show triple-digit recruit losses.

Can you help explain the jump from the spreadsheet's data to your 12R loss claim?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobknocker View Post
    It's not clear to me where your max 12R losses is coming from. There appear to be a number of columns that show (or could show) recruit losses: Loss, Loss Count, R and RL. All of them show triple-digit recruit losses.

Can you help explain the jump from the spreadsheet's data to your 12R loss claim?
    Sure.. The idea is that the sheet has several combinations.. The sheet on my desktop has a filter (no filter in the web version of the sheet )..
    and if you filter (copy the data to local excel perhaps) on **selected** combinations, marked as Player 1 on left most column, then you would see that the max losses will be 12R, for selected combinations..

The green R, M, S etc... are the troops you use.
    The red RL, ML, SL etc are the troops you loose.. and **after the filter** with chosen combinations, one can achieve 12R losses.

If you don't have 1 or more MMA (3 in this case) or a Vet.. then yes, losses will be higher based on other combinations selected.

Further, as stated on First sheet (named "Read Me First")
    1. Loss is measured as the ratio of time it takes to build troops of given type. More loss means more time to build the lost troops.
    2. Loss count can be useful, if you have less population for big adventures like VLT.
    You may choose to incur higher losses (time to build troops), in order to keep number of troops lost, low.

Hope it helps.

EDIT - I've uploaded an image of my chosen combinations for Sleeping Volcano..
    (Played it yesterday.. and actual losses for that instance were 10R, i.e. less than Max 12R)

Direct link to the image, because it probably looks too squished here..

http://i.imgur.com/NfVpdAI.jpg

World
    Ares
    That's interesting, a loss a 12R sounds too good to be true!

Thanks for sharing that with the community!

BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    Why call it advanced when Sleeping Volcano is a beginner adventure that only noobs do?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    Why call it advanced when Sleeping Volcano is a beginner adventure that only noobs do?
    Sleeping Volcano was an example.. My hope is to cover almost every adv in this spreadsheet over time.. One can see my old list was already pretty long..
    I just need time to verify / run them again because lot changed when I was gone for one year.

And by advanced I mean that even for the simplest of the adventures.. you are not getting a pre-baked 100% complete guide with pretty pictures..
    You have to kind of do some extra effort to pick the combinations you want, plan some trade-offs (loss vs loss count), plan based on how many generals you have of what kind etc..

This will get even more interesting when block related data may be added for certain adventures.. and you have to include those in your plan to play and adv..

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    That's interesting, a loss a 12R sounds too good to be true!

Thanks for sharing that with the community!

BB_Endesmor
    Please don't change stuff in the game again
    This will probably be an exception rather than the rule..
    You can't buy Sleeping Volcano anywhere in the shop.. so impact should be limited.

Because if BB doesn't end up liking it (discovery of lower loss combinations than what BB expected).. then I guess I'd have to keep my efforts and numbers to myself.. and not make them public.
    Not complaining.. but I hope you know what I mean.

EDIT - And yes, it is very interesting
    I always wonder if BB devs have built a sim like mine, which makes it much easier to crank through billions of battle simulations to find best possible combinations..
    This is again very different from all other sims I know of.. where you input numbers.. and it runs them.
    For my sim.. you pick troop types.. and it does the rest. (I am over simplifying it a bit)

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    2 more advs added to the sheet - Traitors and VLT.

Again..
    1. Please let me know if you find any issues.
    2. Please let me know, if you'd like any specific combination to be added.

Reply to Thread