Reply to Thread

Thread: New Microsoft wireless mouse wheel won't zoom in/out

Recruit
    World
    Ares

New Microsoft wireless mouse wheel won't zoom in/out

My old Logitech mouse packed it in so I replaced it with a Microsoft 4000 wireless mouse. Since then, I am unable to zoom in/or out with the mouse wheel while playing TSO. The strange thing is that the mouse wheel works perfectly with everything else. I have checked the mouse config and all looks correct. If I boost the mouse wheel scroll speed to maximum - TOS will zoom in/out intermittently if I roll the wheel very quickly. I've cleared the browser and flash cache and restarted my laptop several times.

Has this happened to anyone else? What else I can I try (besides getting another mouse) to correct this?

PS - the mouse wheel also won't scroll through any of the TSO selections with scroll bars (Star options).

World
    Zeus
    Sorry to hear that, I love the zoom ability with a wheel mouse. I cannot speak for the MS mouse, I have been Logitech only for about 10 years. The Anywhere MX works fantastic in TSO.

I am not aware of any options in TSO for such a thing. Perhaps MS has a program manager for the mouse? I know you checked with other programs, but were any of them Flash based?

Good luck with that.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Could you provide more system information, including the version of windows you are using and the browser (and version) you are using to play The Settlers Online?
    Magenta
    Community Moderator

TSO on Twitter & Facebook

Reply to Thread