Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghost whispers .. still

Settler
    World
    Ares

Ghost whispers .. still

I have been back to the game for a week after being gone for over 14 months. And several times when logging in, the whispers tab flashes, as though I have a whisper waiting to be read, but I don't. This same issue was around before I left the game, and it is still around.

Why has this not gotten fixed?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    There haven't been any interns or graduates recently.

Nevermind that bug, the entire chat ought to get an overhaul....like unlinking online/offline status to your chat...not only does it stop at some point without any further notice, your friendbar will be stuck with whatever status is was. If you are chat banned, you can't tell if anybody is online either.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    One thing I was told a few years back is that the chat server is a separate entity from the rest of the game, as is common with many online games. I know if you close your browser without logging out of the game, you stay connected to the chat server until you time out. The chat server also handles the friend's list, which is why when you change your name, your friend's list is disconnected to your account with regards to showing up online. Did not test to see if changing your name back to the original name will restore the people on your friends list, as I cleared out most of my broken links and my reverse name change was not precisely the same as my original (capitalization). I have heard that the friends list online function is also lost if the player is disconnected from the chat server.

An overhall of the chat system would be a nice fix. I am generally unworried about the whisper bug, as it is only a problem for a few seconds when I log into the game, and if I don't clear it by whispering someone normally, I simply whisper myself or someone in guild just to clear it. I would prefer if the system would save the messages you did not get when you were offline, but that may be asking to much and I would likely still lose messages if the game does not fully load and I have to refresh.

I believe many others have requested additional chat functions to be added, in the suggestion area.

World
    Zeus
    It is quite normal to use a ready-made chat system within another framework. However, I do not know why the problem is not fixed. I suppose the fact that there area a couple of work-arounds (they are by no means, fixes) such as whispering oneself or another person, even if offline seems to work.

I generally whisper God first thing upon logging in. Funny thing is that it does not show them as offline.... though there is never a reply.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    the whisper bug is back for me as of this latest maint...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    the whisper bug is back for me as of this latest maint...
    Yes, it comes and goes. Two to three days without and then *BAM* there it is!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread