Reply to Thread

Thread: Colony...stats(?)

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Colony...stats(?)

Heya

So I've been randomly poking around in the colony menu, randomly picking any and Show Details. Though all that information is just about as useless as it gets...it's even utterly wrong on top of that, unless descriptions are trying to tell you something entirely different, so here geoes.

I got a colony stating having repelled 61 attacks. Now....several issues with that alone.

a) The last 10 colony mails I received (spanning the course of 7 days) were mostly "an attacker conquered your colony", let's go with 8/10. Assuming all 10 attacks were on that single colony, that's...well, 10 and far from 61. Though looking at the combat logs and outcomes, it's not even the case it having been that colony to begin with.

a1) Assuming attacks repelled refers to "actual marshalls engaging in a battle, regardless if won/lost" that would be alot closer to reality, but again, crosschecking with available combat logs don't match the numbers in either case.

a2) Assuming attacks repelled refers to "numbers of units defeated" would sound the closest possible, although I currently can't verify certain logs to be certain colonies (simply because I don't remember which colony is which resource, as Details only show you the resource it produces while combat log only shows you the island...and if owning more than "1 of the same type" it gets more confusing as you'd then need to know the camp compositions). On the other hand, today in the morning I had a ! on my *** colony, which was there for some 4h at least, get my granite colony has since repelled ~20 attacks. The best part? Not a single mail in my inbox, bringing me to

b) ...I supposedly am being attacked, it ought to end sometime too, but I haven't received a mail about...well, nothing. I neither received a mail of having been attack, regardless of defeated or conquered. The ! on the *** colony simply vanished and the system called it a day right then and there. Either he/she/it won or failed, be it by cancelling or time out, no such mail ever reached me.

c) For some reason, I am now assuming that attacks repelled is just referring to having "avoided being selected when some dude searched for a colony and happened to pick not yours". In which case the numbers could be reasonable, but the description being massively misleading. Not to mention you don't have any items/whatever that would repell even coming up in the selection, a la Pokemon where you use an item and will avoid random encounters for a period of time.

d) I am supposedly under attack right now as I type...I will, eh, report as soon as it's over...? Maybe?

If anybody thinks there are actual answers to that...please go ahead.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Update d)

No attack was initiated, the expedition was canceled about 30min later or so. I received a mail having defeated the attacker, unlike earlier where no such message came. This colony has repelled 11 attacks already supposedly, but I do not know it's stats pre getting attacked.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    On to the next point I guess.

Strengh points!

Either sorta arbitrary or painfully slow to update...in one direction.
    Going with my example of having 7/35 strengh points, I conquerr a colony, it remains at 7. Refresh, still 7. Alright, whatever.
    Conquer another colony, still 7, rinse repeat with the refreshing, still 7.
    Search a colony, cancel it, dropped down to 6, no delay at all.
    Log in the the next day, wake up to 13 strengh points, with 2 attackers defeated.

Although this was more of an example, I haven't tracked my actual records throughout, I did currently to make it a habit to stay around ~8 Strengh Points having conquered a few colonies hasn't moved the numbers higher right away. As I've been magically keeping all my colonies I haven't done a recent one in a few days, now that I'm ready to go again, I got 17/35 Strengh Points and had about 4 attackers deafeated in the meanwhile, in either case it wasn't enough to bumb me to 17 for defeating attackers alone, leaving the only option of gaining strengh points is either in an arbitrary timeframe applied (unlike losses, they get deducted right away), or taking over a colony isn't a solid 1 point, which would sort of be unfair, but moot, as one needs a doctor visit actively playing Tier 3 colonies, aside from achievements.

And a random thing that also happened...a colony expired and I couldn't abandon it until some 24h later. This is the 2nd time now (first time being around easter). Although I'd like to blame my currently bad connection on it, I sorta kinda also doubt that, as waiting it out some more made it possible in just about 4seconds without infinite hourglass spinning.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    +1 to all the questions above!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Oh, here is another, but fairly trivial thing.

The XP bar doesn't match the the progression in terms of %.
    My bar pretty much has been showing "100%" full and I've been about 3.5k away from L4. Now being some 650XP away, it still shows full.
    As I'm too lazy to look up the XP level requirements and do the math, which will be needless anyway, I'ma just be pointing out there being a visual bug with the progression bar.

And one that has happened yet again, midly annoying but also moot.

After having taken over a colony and getting zoned back to the home island, then going to the colony menu to build defenses, it then states the map couldn't be initialized and I'm being forced refreshed.
    I did notice that during easter already, and likely still (only) happens on the first colony of the day one takes over, if even. Off hand I cannot confirm that always being the case or not.
    If it does help, I did notice the game will try to ninja refresh/update your progression on the colony from "attacker to building defense", I could see here being the initial problem, on the other hand it does not apply to anymore colonies within the same day, or at least that's what I remember from observation.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I can confirm that every time (100%) I capture a colony I have to refresh (ie crash and reload) in order to go back to the colony to plant defenses.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I guess I should rename this thing here...

So I hit this magical threshold of all my expedition searches turning out to be mostly coal/hwl/iron/marble and the occasional gold/ewl and even fewer granite/*** ore. The amount of player owned islands of any sort is also down to like ~4-5 instead of the most always 8-9, but still, mostly coal/hwl/iron/marble and the occasional good to best ones.

Anybody got a hunch what all that faceslapping turning into a dragging the face through the dirt afterwards is yet?

Second time I'm having that (first time being toward the end of easter) now. I'll list just about as many things as I can remember "leading up" to that situation.

Easter:
    - Estimating a timeframe of ~10 days
    - Searched a bunch of small islands and cancelled alot until I had a very specific one, weapons were short so no time to go the extra mile
    - Every island I did attack, I took over
    - I kept the colony until it was taken from me or expired, the latter happening maybe twice or so, can't remember

Now:
    - Timeframe being about 3 weeks
    - Searched mostly small islands and occasionally a regular sized one.
    - Attacked and took over every island I did select and cancelled some to drop me down to Tier 1 again
    - Attacked and too over every regular island I searched (2 and since my face is being dragged in the dirt, a 3rd one, but moot)
    - Kept the colony until it was taken over or expired, with yesterday expiring 6 in a row over the course of 2 days or so with no conquerors or attackers iirc

That just about sums up my whatever data that maybe related to that sad phenomenon. Just about on the edge of dropping my 2k allocated Expedition troops down half or so and go back to full time adventuring with the occasional giving in to the brain tumor that is fail pushed content.

Not sure if I want to end my sarcasm with "This is a known issues" or "Sorry for the inconvenience, here have a default reponse that bears no weight whatsoever for condolence" or "Please provide a screenshot, because it will show nothing that would actually help here, but chances are we can then tell you to come back once you do and hope you won't"

Anyhow, since support will be useless here, let's try to figure out the cause and hopefully also find a workaround to this problem as we usually do...without BB no less.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    While a colony is under attack, it does not produce, contrary to what BB_Endesmor(?) said.

Had a colony (+73/6h *** ore) being attacked for the longest time, when I went to collect my 6h stuffs, I was exactly 73 *** ore short...

...come on BB, your Expeditions have so many flaws, is there really no shame with you guys releasing it in that sad state? Getting rid of the dude that force releases on some retarded deadline would be a quality move already. Just don't fill that position again with another one of those.

Reply to Thread