Reply to Thread

Thread: Island Organization

Settler
    World
    Ares

Island Organization

I suggest, a way to edit your island layout, for a price. You'd get all your buildings each at their current level (No buildings can be upgrading at the time this is done, to avoid complications) into your star menu. At which point, you can put all your buildings wherever you want them.

I understand, this would be a big undertaking. Most likely the only way it could happen, is if a BB staff member went through each request, one by one, and put the buildings into the persons star menu (or mailed it to them), and then removed the applicable gems (or have it not available by gems, but for $$ only .. options). It would have to be enough to make it worth the time of the staff member to sit down and do it.

The reason I suggest this, is because as someone levels up, builds and expands their production chains, it becomes harder and harder to find room for things. Then you are ready to expand another chain by 1 or 2 buildings, and you can't clump it with the rest of the buildings. So for example, you put down more Farms with the rest of the farms, but your mills are in sector 3. No more room in sector 3, you have to put them in sector 9. Bakers are in Sector 4, but now you have to put them in sector 8. Or, you are ready to get an epic workyard (very large building), and now you have to spend all sorts of resources to move buildings around, just to find that the epic workyard still doesn't fit in the area you cleared out, and have to keep moving more and more buildings. It gets very costly when each building costs 100 coin + 100 marble, or 500 coin + 500 marble.

Resources for things like Wells and Wheat, would just get refunded. Mines and deposits can't be moved, so no need to mess with them.

Lots of people like organization and others have (to some degree) OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). So there are reasons why this would be helpful for some of the people that play the game. There may be a lot of requests for this at first if added, but it'll go down over time as more and more people have already done it. Maybe even limit it to one time per account?

World
    Zeus
    The move function has been made free for a limited time in the past and it hopefully will happen again in the future. Best time to do the kind of reorganizing you're talking about. I think last time it was free for a week, but am not positive.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    maybe allow it by building type - like all pw foresters -- or all cutters etc.. i for one had all my watermills in a nice area.. but due to some archaic rule i cant build them all there (some tree or rock is blocking the spot for the final one) - -so now that i needed 1 more i had to put it in a different sector... drives me UP the WALL!. so ya i'd like to be able to pull all of one building at current level to star - and reposition them ...

free move feature was nice -- but you need sometimes to just take them Away... and put them back .. if you have to move it somewhere else when you don't have another space that makes it impossible.

ciara belle

World
    Ares
    We want free move again!
    Still around from time to time.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Yes, larger buildings like epic workyard, or Fairy Tale Castle, is hard to move when you can't put it anywhere else.
    My island is a big cluster .. erm, um, a big mess from some peoples point of view.

I have 17 farms and 4 silo's in sector 1, 21 Farms and 16 Silo's in sector 6. I also have a perfect flow of 6 Farms and 6 Silo's in sector 9. 34 Farms for my big chain, yumm!

So even with free move for buildings, I'd have to move a lot of stuff around, just to hopefully get space for this stuff. Even more difficult if you start to account for Magnif. Residences, with their odd shapes.

World
    Ares
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for the suggestions

BB_Endesmor

Reply to Thread