Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: retire marshals

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmon5311949 View Post
    I would love to delete my marshals since I have no intention of playing PvP..
    To this point, it is not possible. However, an earlier post provided a fairly detailed and simple solution to move them off your island and into your star menu:

Getting the refuse off your island.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares

Unhappy

So far the "cover all the landing spots" tactic is a complete bust. Three attempts and still I can't cover all the spots. There are spots where I am not allowed to place anything, not a building, or a well, or a field, not a lantern, vase, flower, bench, nothing. And yet a marshal or exp. supplier is allowed to return there. I just had marshals return and are sitting on top of the decor items I have placed. I give up. I guess I am just stuck with them and the lost space they take up. I have wasted gold to start expeditions trying to get them off-island, and I don't have the resources left to waste moving stuff around or to buy decor stuff I don't want. Junking up a sector just to get rid of the marshals has already taken too much time that I prefer to use playing the game and too many resources spent. They are a real time and resource suck. This is not a fun part of the game. NOTHING we place should be non-removable, period.

World
    Zeus
    In order to use the 'general block' method to return you marshalls and suppliers to your star menu, you need to block the spaces with generals. Decorations can block some of the locations, but there are some general-only positions. You will need to have enough generals in your star menu to occupy the spaces that the marshalls (and suppliers) leave when assigned to the adventure.

You may need to send your generals (PvE) away first to an adventure, to ensure your generals are in actual landing locations, as opposed to areas where they can be placed manually. Once you have occupied all the standard landing areas, then you can send off your Marshalls your island and use the generals that remain in your star menu to occupy the newly-opened spaces.
    Magenta
    Community Moderator

TSO on Twitter & Facebook

World
    Ares
    Thanks Magenta, but who is going to give me the number of generals free that I need to block those spaces? I don't have the resources to buy them and doubt I will anytime in the next year. I have 5 gens all in landing spaces there and every build-able space filled, every decor item I have deployed, and yet 3 marshals and a supplier can still land. One is even landing so far out on the coast that it looks like he's on the water.

World
    Zeus
    Here's an alternate view....... if the Marshals end up in spaces that you can't build in anyway, they aren't wasting space you could be building in, and so there's no problem other than a cosmetic one. After you've played a while longer, you'll have generals from events (for free basically) and can then exile the Marshals to your star menu.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Ares
    I'll have to move them, I don't like them. Even if I did have enough generals to fill the landings, then I'll just have generals all over the map, and that's not what I want either. I don't want military tents all over the place. That's not the aesthetics I'd hoped for. I wish I had known they were permanent and I would have dismissed those quests. Why shouldn't generals and marshals be removable like everything else except storage houses and the mayor's house? That's just not good.

Reply to Thread