Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Feedback - Ali Baba Epic Raids

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    Personally I don't like HUGE maps, taking days to complete and wasting 80% of my population to finish ONE adventure. I would rather prefer doing smaller adventures with less xp (can be even hard to lose expensive troops-but just less of them).
    I'm the same way. If I can't do an adventure in one sitting, I generally won't do it. I'll give the game a whole day or evening of nothing but adventuring sometimes (usually when I'm close to leveling up), but I don't want to come back to a partially done adventure the next day.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Meh, why not adding a couple of smaller adventures, 10-15 camps, 2-3 leaders, same hard units as in big ones just less to clear. Less xp, less loot but doable faster?

Judging by the test forums Ali/Sindbad advies will be hard even for hard core players. I already feel sick just to think about huge maps loaded with hard camps requiring waves and waves and waves and...waves of troops to clear... And hours and hours of waiting for generals to recover? Since the tavern generals can do squat - literally, we are going to be waiting days to send multiple MA's attack and recover again...

Sigh...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I haven't done enough of the new adventures yet. But I'm thinking that with the availability of a second major, and hopefully getting another mma and vet in the next Easter event, I'm looking forward to working out a guide that will allow me to complete an Ali Baba adventure in one sitting without having to wait for gens to recover. Must just mean that I may need to use some hits with tavern gens loaded with 200 cav or 200 militia.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    [...] Please NO MORE statues with a 10-15% change in the loot!!! [...]
    O.O lol I dumped/donated all my Horseman Statues last XMAS... now I have a hundred more in star... :/
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus

Lightbulb Search for balance.

A couple of observations (possibly already mentioned in this thread) and suggestion or two:
    • The new system is akin to the Expedition system added last year in that the combat essentially is just a meat grinder for troops. No real thinking or strategy is required, and based upon available units there will be no ability for the player to create/use tactics to defeat the enemy units any more efficiently. All, and I mean ALL of the Ali-Baba units have splash damage, many have first strike and others have the strike weakest units not to mention tons of HP to go around for Ali and company. I love the idea of making advancing more difficult as we progress, I just would prefer to see that the difficulty requires more tactical play or thinking, not just brute-force smashing. Currently, Expeditions and Ali do not require much thinking, just throw troops until the enemy relents.
    • A frequent comment of some players is that the 'old' adventure system was cookie-cutter like due to the guides which allowed players to follow the tactics created by another successful player and complete adventures much easier and with less losses. It should be noted that the guides used exhibit the tactical requirements to be successful in the old adventures. These old adventures actually required more tactics than the Expeditions or new Ali-Baba adventures, those tactics just get diluted as the adventure maps/enemy units never change and other players now can capitalize.
    • How about integrating some features of the systems to make the game more challenging? If the 'old' system was taken, and make some/all/leader camps randomly placed, and even randomly assign troops to the enemy camps throughout the map - making each time you run an adventure actually different?! Guides would then be just that: Guides! They could give you a general idea of how to approach, and even likely troops to bring, but the player would then have to, using their own skills, manage attacks, blocking and the like for take the adventure.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread