Reply to Thread

Thread: TSO and Windows 10

World
    Ares

Question TSO and Windows 10

Before I install Windows 10, are there any problems that have been found so far?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I have had no problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge {Internet Explorers' replacement}. You can still use Internet Explorer if you wish though, the upgrade does not delete any of your old programs.

Be prepared for Microsoft's continuing pattern of removing customization as everybody is the same and wants the exact same thing. Might as well just be Apple at this point.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Woudn't rea upgrade to 10 just yet...you got 1 year worth of time for the rest to go through the hassle of getting slammed with bugs, compability issues and what have you....and sooner or later all the "basic" stuff should work without needing to think it over.

World
    Ares
    I don't know if this is related or not but after updating to 10 the game wont load for me: I get a "server crash error. an error was detected on this zone please try again." I'm pretty sure it's an account issue since it gets all the way to trying to load the island but the only thing that has changed since my last login was the update so I dont know.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushybraw View Post
    I don't know if this is related or not but after updating to 10 the game wont load for me: I get a "server crash error. an error was detected on this zone please try again." I'm pretty sure it's an account issue since it gets all the way to trying to load the island but the only thing that has changed since my last login was the update so I dont know.
    If you are using FF, try disabling the 'Protected Mode' feature of the Flash plug-in.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I upgraded to Windows 10 3 weeks ago, and haven't had a single issue with game play yet.

World
    Zeus
    I really like windows 10. So far it's been an easy transition for all programs. I never liked or used Explorer. I would recommend Google

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Beard View Post
    I really like windows 10. So far it's been an easy transition for all programs. I never liked or used Explorer. I would recommend Google
    Google Chrome uses a special version of the Flash plugin. It is, in most cases, faster than the original Flash plugin from Adobe.

BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    Using Win10 since release: All browsers I have used so far work well with TSO. (IE, Edge, FF, Chrome, Maxthon, Opera and Lunascape) My primary favorite is Firefox, but they all work with Flash/TSO.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    After running Win10 for a few weeks I moved my playing of TSO from Edge to Chrome because Chrome is noticeably faster and there are a few weird issues with zooming on a couple of guides using Edge.

I have found 10 to be a huge improvement over 8. Almost as good as 7.

Reply to Thread