Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PvP for Beginners

World
    Zeus
    I still posit that players are NOT attacking other players and that attacks on player's colonies are random assigned using some formula. This is NOT PvP, were it so, we would know the identity of those we attack and are attacked by, even if we are unable to defend our colonies in a 'live' situation.

Best recommendation for TSO Expeditions: "Just Say No!"
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by bigphilokc View Post
    8. When you block, you can get away with 10 blocking troops.
    For longer blocks, I always play safe. One failed block can compromise the whole expedition. So I will choose the right heavy troops plus one of each other troops. The delay for switching troops buys me a lot of time.

For example, 11 heavy infantry + 1 heavy archer + 1 heavy cavalry + 1 attack infantry + 1 attack archer + 1 attack cavalry. After the first round (10 troops), the troops will switch 6 times, and it takes 2-3 seconds each time. This may not be very pretty but the extra 6 rounds will last much longer than a full second round of 10 troops. Rainbow attack

*As a matter of principle, please do not use the word "PvP", "expedition mode" is more appropriate*
    Whence comest thou?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    That is brilliant kzar. I think you just saved me countless troops because I will have more confidence in double blocks now.
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I feel like disclosing my numbers on this topic, but I don't want BB to screw it up even more, kinda like the process they are taking of seemingly making us regret sharing guides that get changed for no better reason after a thousand years of nobody caring.

That is brilliant kzar. I think you just saved me countless troops because I will have more confidence in double blocks now.
    It kind of only matters when going for the achievement/needing to keep your losses low. Since 1 attack dude is double the price of a heavy, you might as well just put 2 or 3 heavies and have a fairly similar outcome....depending on the camp of course. But using 1/1/1 attack units to block causes a "working as intended" kinda thing, at least that combination defies my numbers in all regards.

And I think the highest number for a block I've used so far was 16 (16 by math, usually toss in another 1 or 2 depending how close the math is and a little time buffer for the dear server to get it's marbles together....not like Expeditions aren't infested with a load of fail...)

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Well I finally made the 10K Valor points achievement at level 12 for pvp. Excited about finally spending those valor points on some Elite Guardsmen!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Who are you going to call? Your main army is dead.....your elites decimated! Who you going to call? Your PvP Army! This is what i keep on hand: 3 attack forces- 750 each 3 heavy defense forces- 40 each (used as blockers) 100 guardsmen. I can pretty much do 2 small colonies back to back with as long as i keep some in the oven. I keep 45K to 50K attack weapons on hand. Only 1 K heavy weapons.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ok if I understand correctly, and I might not, the expeditions are the PVP? I have 3 marshals and a expedition supplier. When I try the training expedition, I can't move troops there because of troop limit? Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm just about done with all the bandits on my home island...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    LOL Nevermind, answered my own question

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    17. When blocking- block with two different types of units. The reset can save your attack.
    18. Use the ghost garrison to plot an attack path. It is the building function on the PvP

These were a couple duh moments for me recently.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    17. When blocking- block with two different types of units. The reset can save your attack.
    Which reset are referring to and which attack?

Reply to Thread