Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PvP for Beginners

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    When you block- i use 6 or 7 of one type of heavy forces and a single one of another. If the first group dies off, the blocking attack resets to send in the last unit. This can save your main force from being intercepted. It simply prolongs the blocking attack giving you a bit more safety.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Oh that, yea. You can milk some crazy time with that.

For your entertainment, compare 1/1/1 heavy units to 1/1/1 attack units. Your welcome lol

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    For some reason, I've starting working on my water castle again :-)

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    That's where your mistake starts, don't go beyond Tier 1 unless you are focusing on levling, as the troops cost/time vs loot/colony yield just isn't really in your favor whatsoever. On small T1, once you "trimmed" your losses, you can break even with the loot (7/10 cases) and maybe a cycle or 2 of colony yield, rest could be considered profit.
    How do you control not going beyond Tier 1?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPool View Post
    How do you control not going beyond Tier 1?
    Easiest way would be cherry picking your colonies, there are very easy to easy ones, average and slap in the face ones, depending which ones you roll, you simply cancel it out right before even sending troops etc, it is then counted as a forfeit (not even a loss if you want to compete in the meaningless rankings) which will dock you 1 Strenght Point (or 2 or 3 depending which Tier you attacked) as a result.

With all the funky algorithms happening, I had 0 effort staying in Tier 1 with my 3 Tavern Explorers only, didn't really want to invest any more explorers for that stuff anyway since they have much more value than go on a cooldown for, well, nothing I guess.

Once you got to 10 points, it will make you go to T2, at which point you can cancel the expedition and lose 2 points, bringing you back to T1 with 8 points.

My current advice, provided resources are plentiful and not really an investment of any greater extent, is to go T3 and farm XP to level up the castle. With 200 pop/level it's a nice incentive.

World
    Zeus
    Since once you're in Tier 3 you can accumulate 35 of 30 strength points (IKR?), it's possible to begin cherry picking a little bit again and getting max XP for the least losses.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by bigphilokc View Post
    Point #3- My assumption is that you will eventually try PvP. You might as well have it ready when the time comes. My thought process was before the Level 75 announcement.
    ANND you were right. haha.. but i ignored point 3... and started in the hole as it were...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    There seems to be more activity for sure in the PvP world---come join the party!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Today I reached Level 30 and my maximum castle size. I only started because the castle in the water was so puny . The last couple expeditions I sacrificed all thought of efficiency to use up all my troops, but still didn't have quite enough PVP exp, so had to build up and run one more. I am very pleased to be finished. I can't imagine running any again, unless they make some sort of change to make it very worthwhile, or I am quite desperate for a resource. Not sure if I will ever use the final rewards, except the gems are quite nice. It has been a massive resource drain. My number one recommendation would be to extend how long you can hold a colony without attack from 12 hours to 24 or 48.

Good luck, everyone aiming for level 30! And remember to build your defenses--I met up with quite a few occupied islands in the past five or so months with no defenses.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Gems? How much gems and where from?

Reply to Thread