Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Level 75 Cap Raise & XXL Pack

World
    Ares

Feedback - Level 75 Cap Raise & XXL Pack

Dear Settlers,

Feel free to leave your feedback about the latest Sneak Peek in this thread.

Happy Settling,
    BB_Endesmor

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The level 6 hunter looks amazing. I will upgrade mine immediately even though I have little use for it. And do not forget, though few, the new decorations. Oh, and the new searches available for the explorers..

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    New island space is a welcome addition, and new deposits sound great.

I'm not so sure about harder adventures and having to maintain a third army. I'll have to reserve judgment on that until there is more information. I did my first fairytale adventure the other day, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I don't want to do an adventure like that on a daily basis. I currently run an Outlaws every day and am not sure I want to go much beyond that, but I get the sense the experience from that won't get me very far.

All building upgrades to 6 will be good. In many cases, it's overkill, but there are a number of buildings I'd like to upgrade. I guess the 46k grout that I have and thought was all I needed won't go very far, though.

Level 71 is a long way off, but I'm assuming the new manor is going to be the best residence in the game.

If star coins are going to be this hard to get, hopefully there is more to buy with them.

World
    Zeus

Muster out troops for new assignments.

Liking what I see thus far. Very happy to see that my current, seasoned Generals are going to be able to lead the new troops; this fact makes the issue of new troops less critical in my mind (Though I sure would love to sic some of these new Master Swordsmen on a WotS or IotP just for fun!!). Regarding having to maintain multiple troop types and having limited population, I have suggested in another (and perhaps incorrect) thread the following (Original Post for Mustering Troops), which is summarized as follows:
    • Most players do not have the population count to maintain two (2), much less three (3) armies; how about implementing a 'Mustering out' system? For each troop released from their current assignment (whether from Regular, Expedition or Expansion [when it is released]) the player should receive 100% of the population back into the general population pool; and 50-75% of the resources used to produce the mustering out troop(s) are returned to the Mayor's House/Star Menu.

“Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus

Missing Troops with 'Attack Weakest Target' Skill

This was mentioned, and acknowledged by BB_Endesmore in another thread (Original post of new unit attack skills); I thought it is more appropriate here.

In working with the various troops types and against the new enemy troops I found and suggest the following:
    • While all new enemies exhibit the skills of 'Splash Damage', some of our troops also have splash damage; however, none of the new troops (for players) offered have 'Attack Weakest Target'. Coupled with a unit of low hp, (like regular Cavalry) it is a very useful unit to be deployed tactically.

“Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus

Question Star Coin items (Epic) to Remain in Merchant?

I understand that once this version is rolled out that we will resume earning XP over Star Coins. I further notice that it was posted that players will not lose previously earned coins, thank you for that clarification.

My question is this: Will the items available for purchase with Star Coins remain in the Merchant (Epic Tab)?

I realize this may seem obvious, but I have learned to take as little for granted as possible!

Cheers.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I still have so many questions. More now than before actually. As someone that doesn't use the testing area, primarily because half the time I can't get into it, I'm sure there's some answers for these there:

1) First, what new military units will require titanium, and what new units will require that platinum?

2) Also will you be able to find platinum and that mahogany wood through explorers, or is it adventure reward only? I'd hate to have to lose 10000 troops on one map a dozen times just to get a little bit of the resource needed build the next building.

3) For that matter, will mahogany wood come from that Epic Workyard?

4) Speaking of the explorers (and the geologists for that matter), since we will be expanding 25 more levels and having new abilities for at least the geologist, will there be new higher level skills for them? If so, does this mean they'll be a new type of book?

5) Will we ever be able to get a second Major General? For that matter, is there a possibility of a new general that hold 300 troops at say level 70 or something?

6) General skill tree - Will that ever happen?

7) With the addition of the new levels, the playing of Expeditions will drop drastically. May I suggest adding in some more incentive to play them.

That's it ... for now.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    1. None of the new units require titanium. It is all platinum. {Sorry the besieger, upgraded canoneer, still needs wheels}

2. There is a "prolonged" search option now (1.5 days unskilled} that allows you to find the new resources.

3. Epic Work yard is broken on the test server. Right now it is loot on the new adventures and occasionally for clearing new home island camps and explorer found only.

4. No new skills are on the geologists and explorers as of yet.

5,6. I do not know.

7. The new resources in colonies would be a nice touch. Have not checked, might be in there.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    I'm curious if we are going to be able to choose between xp and star coins or are we going to suddenly have to wait until level 75 before we ever get anymore star coins?

Also, I like the idea of the island expansions, but I'm curious if anything is going to change with regards to buff placement? I mean, as it is now, it can take 20 minutes to buff an entire island even if you use all the same kind of buff on everything. With larger islands and dozens more buildings seems like we'll be spending a lot more time buffing than playing.
    Buffing gets tedious, is all I'm saying and finding someone else who wants to kill 20 minutes of their gaming time buffing your island can be difficult at times, so making it take even longer isn't going to help that.
    Perhaps there is a way we could buff all of one kind of building at once? Like when you open the production window for a building there is a "buff box" there and you can buff all of one building type at once with the same type of buff?
    It could be a simple check box list,, place a check in a box for Basket, or a check for a feast or a badge and at the bottom it says "Buff all buildings of this type like this?" so you check that box and it places the same buff on all of the same buildings of that type.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Don't call the new troops cannoneers. Too confusing with existing cannoneers.

Reply to Thread