Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The world is enough for me

World
    Zeus

The world is enough for me

During the past few weeks I have a new adventure map designed for the German community. No less than the whole world. Now I want to share it with the world.

After weeks and every day several hours work, the work is finally done. And anyone who thought they could not conquer the whole world, a better will be taught.
    I present the DSO community the ultimate adventure map!

The whole world in one piece in 1:1

Clicking on the image opens the 1:1 version (approximately 22.84 MB)

Clicking on the image opens the 1:1 version (approx 22:41 MB)

Clicking on the image opens the 1:1 version (approx 22:22 MB)

You will notice that the boundary line does not match what you see on a normal map usually.
    Explanations can be found below. This time I did not let it take me to install some special features.
    For example, world-famous attractions:

the Grand Canyon and Death Valley

Clicking on the image opens the 1:1 version

Yellowstone National Park,

the Great Lakes,

Mount Mc.Kinley in Alaska,

the Northwest Passage (section)

the Amazon rainforest and the Andes in South America,

Kilimanjaro, the Lake Tanganyika, Lake Victoria and Lake Malawi

the Nile, the Suez Canal and the Red Sea,

the Ayers Rock in Australia and the Great Barrier Reef.

Secondly, I had to apply to Greenland and the "Eternal Ice" also come up with something new.
    In DSO Unfortunately there are no elements for snow and ice.

All you have to do it yourself!

In addition, DSO has now new creatures: the polar bear. And a pirate ship but is actually frozen in ice.
    The apparently have not read the weather report

And because it's so much fun I have Canada donated a forest of red trees:

Moreover, I have tried to incorporate as many islands as possible in the card, even if they had no function for an adventure:
    the Maldives, the Andaman Islands, the Fiji Islands, Hawaii, the Canary Islands, Madeira, Mauritius
    and Faroe.

But as the basis for a world-wide adventure this card is sufficient anyway.
    How could an exchange between the continents and islands of work, one would have to have to think - beam does not go well...
    A landing zone (or more) I have deliberately omitted to favor none of the countries / disadvantage.
    This landing zone could possibly be determined by a random generator. Square's enough -
    For example, on unoccupied islands.
    The tasks that have to deal with the players in the course of the adventure, I have not been defined.
    An appropriate objective, however, I noticed already when creating a map of South America:
    "Stop the deforestation of the rainforest!" - Accordingly, there to find many snags.

And for all interested people here are a few key figures and explanations to the origin of the map:

Resolution: 300 x 300 dpi
    Size: 19000 x 11000 pixels (209 megapixels)
    Print size DPI: 161.4 x 93.4 cm
    Original colors: 16.7 million
    Disk Space Needed: 1220.23 MB
    Required RAM: 597.95 MB

To produce such a card, it is first necessary to matching template.
    In addition I have searched the web and found a perfect Card:

This is loaded into the graphics program and then replicated on the coasts along quasi centimeter by centimeter with the items of the DSO elements.
    This is pure puzzle-work, with constant adjustments in the typical trial-and-error manner.
    It took me six days with three to four hours to replicate the coastline of countries and continents.
    By contrast, the filling with grass surface and the application of the water surface was an absolute breeze. Total includes
    the map around 6,000 individual members (80 in length, 75 in height) of land and water.
    And so it all started (example Australia):

Some areas of the coastal course I have adapted by distorting and turning the real history to the very little
    to make more realistic. I think these points are you notice any problems.

The next step is setting the limit mark. Here I have drawn a map of the United Nations for help, having fewer limitations, but nevertheless correspond to reality, and confined myself to the differently colored areas, because this would matter tremendously simplified.
    Nevertheless, setting the boundary markers has lasted nearly six hours.

By far Intricate was to replicate the topography: green spaces, mountains, forests, deserts, snow and ice.
    Template was this card:

Of course, I did not care to replicate everything to the smallest detail. This is also not feasible. However, I wanted to represent the topographical conditions such as green areas, deserts, ice and snow surfaces in the map at least roughly - which was not easy.
    The snow and ice I have redesigned because there are no such elements in "The Settlers Online".
    Some areas of the desert areas are also recreated and the "grasslands" in North America and Eastern Europe evolved from a single flower:

The first small flower bed is freed of interfering edges, then made a copy, flipped it and composed with the original version.
    This "Double" is again copied, mirrored and this copy is bound together with the first "Double" .
    In this way, an ever-increasing green space grows. Here and there, repetitions are eliminated in the pattern with the Clone Stamp tool, so that the most homogeneous and uniform surface is produced. Optimal results are achieved by using a "frayed" brush. In this way, the large dunes
    the Sahara arose. With color, exposure and contrast manipulation, different variants can be created.
    Combining these arise entirely new textures.

Colours:

You will find the original thread (with additional pictures) in the german forum by using this link.

P.S. Please have clemency for my faulty English .
    أنا أحد المستوطنين الفقراء - - Ego sum pauper colonus - - Warum ich das tue ? - Weil ich es kann ! -
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
    Homepage: Fuerst_Vlad - Mail: Fuerst_Vlad@web.de - Facebook: Fuerst Vlad

World
    Zeus
    Omg

World
    Ares
    This is awesome! Great, great work! That would be a great sequel to the current game.

World
    Zeus
    Wow.

World
    Ares
    Awesome map!

World
    Zeus
    Sehr gut! Danke.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    very creative, great photoshop skills, and awesome in general lol 5*

World
    Zeus
    awesome map, very creative, and great photoshop skills

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Very Cool.
    LoAr

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    ok this map is awesome.. but are you suggesting a ww3 adventure?

Reply to Thread