Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Maintenance 09/29

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    LOL Arte no me and Po are on the alternate Chat Server right now. Glad we planned for this. And the Link is Po's.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Guess I'll go back to the test server for a while and practice killing new bandits with new troops...

World
    Zeus
    A 3x gem sale would be a nice way to kick this off BB.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    now 1 hr 40 min late.... not enough prayers for bb to finish on time

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Given the substantial content upgrade of this update, why is anyone acting surprised and/or impatient that it's taking extra time to get it done?

While I certainly WANT to be online doing new stuff and things, I decided it was more beneficial to take a moment and say this to myself three times:

"Clicking the Play Now button does NOT make the server come up faster."

You may now return to your previous refresh activities.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    LOL Tbone. I work on large website that just transitioned to a new code base. So I have some idea what it's like to bring up a new version of things. I'm sure they have their best people on it and we'll see things up and going.

It would be cool to know some of the ins and outs for their deployment... More out of professional curiosity than anything else.

Zeffin

LoLex
    Let's hope there are no big problems and things can be fixed nice and easy.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Yes many of us expected it and are used to it -but that leads to the question if we knew it why didnt they? So been much easier to add several hours on right up front --you get done early your a hero and avoid aggravating your customer base somewhat.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pochucker View Post
    Yes many of us expected it and are used to it -but that leads to the question if we knew it why didnt they? So been much easier to add several hours on right up front --you get done early your a hero and avoid aggravating your customer base somewhat.
    Common Sense can lead to bannings......so think before you post!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pochucker View Post
    Oh, I agree. I adhere to an 'Under promise and over deliver' policy in my own business as well.

I've been involved with enough messed up server update deployments to know how quickly something can get screwed up and how ugly it can be to write and deploy a fix while under the gun to have some major sympathy, though. I'm very thankful that server issues, beyond 'Play Now' are no longer a worry of mine these days.

Reply to Thread