Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Quartermaster General - Missing Troops & Landing Zone

World
    Ares
    Hello,

I have merged multiple threads about the Quartermaster General.

I will let you know when I have more information.

BB_Endesmor

Noble
    World
    Ares

QM

What did you do with the QM general BB? Can't land on adventures anymore (even though he was landing fine before) and when he returns to island again not enough room for him to land. I used to have him on the far edge of the island and he was always returning to his place after every advie. Now, he can't find his place back.

I would really like some solution to this general mess. We got tons of generals foobared all over and now since the QM (advie and pvp) are much bigger it compiles to the problem. And yes we are getting more room fine, so make the QM's come back to the same place as they were stationed every time like they used to! Why this was changed and now the QM's don't "have enough room to land"...
    Last edited by BB_Endesmor; 10-05-15 at 07:07 am. Reason: Profanity

World
    Ares
    Hello everyone.

The Quartermaster General is working as intended.
    I have updated the Changelog with more information.

BB_Endesmor

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    So the quartermaster is not supposed to land just unload troops? I Love this for traveling to an adventure. Not so much for coming back from one. Maybe update the change log again to where it says "Changes or Improvements" ... because the "and" implies that it is both.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    [...] I will let you know when I have more information.

BB_Endesmor
    While I greatly appreciate your communication regarding this matter, the resolution of:

Quartermaster update

Really stinks. (Utter restraint is in full operation at the moment).

Yes, auto-unloading is great for adventures and for Home Island as well; but for the home island it is ridiculous for the general to stay in the Star Menu. Ultimately he has to be 'parked' somewhere to reload him prior to the next adventure.

If there were a mechanism in place to load the QM (and possibly all generals) without having them landed, then this 'feature' would actually make sense.

Though BB has made some great improvements to this game (TSO) in recent times, there are these moments where the 'update' or 'feature' makes little sense, almost as if there is nobody who actually plays the game is helping design it. Do any BB designers/programmers actually play the game in earnest? Just curious.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    They must not because where they landed was great locations. I do use the expanded island to place my quartermaster but eventually it will have building and no space for quartermaster. Handle Yo Business TSO and fix this inconvenience.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    We can put it like this.

The sole purpose of the quartermaster is to transport troops. To load troops the quartermaster must do only one thing, be placed on the island. Not letting him land is in contradiction to his only reason for existing.

So why would you make him not land and let all the others? If you could place him in the spots he landed before it would be an annoyance, but livable. But with people like bashing who posted a picture earlier and islands are fully developed. They have to tear down buildings that they have invested a lot of resources in. The new expansion islands are great, but if you do not have 10,000 beans laying around you are stuck with still having to remove buildings.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus

QM no longer landing

Changelog Update
    Another change has been added to this game version:

CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS

The Quartermaster General will not be landing and can be found in the Star Menu. All troops are automatically unloaded.

So..The QM was landing on my home island in spots that I could not place him from star. I guess I have to tear out some stuff on home island, or make a spot somewhere else? How about we forgo the silliness of loading and unloading, and just allow us to directly transfer troops to an adventure. Make the amount equal to the carrying capacity of the gens we own.
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

World
    Zeus
    It's not a bug ... it's a feature!

Come on guys, the only way this makes sense is if you could LOAD the QM in the star. Otherwise, he has to land.

World
    Ares
    Hello, Ornias.

Could you please send me a screenshot of the Landing Zone, highlighted if possible?

Thank you for the suggestion!

BB_Endesmor

Reply to Thread