Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question on Star Coins & items in Merchant

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Question on Star Coins & items in Merchant

Since we are not getting any Star Coins, is there any way to get those items changed over to either Gems or something else that we are currently using so we can still grab Assassins & the other ones???

Quite a few of the items in EPIC section require Star Coins

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'd like an answer to this problem too. Ever since the "Rug" was pulled out from under us for getting star coins at level 50 when the level cap got boosted to level 75, the only way to get star coins I've seen is to kill leader camps on the new southern islands.. Very expensive on the old troop types, and what star coins earned are needed to help clear more camps, particularly the ones with first strike high damage enemy troops that U can only chip away at with lots of cavalry. Anything else used just gets toasted before they can cause even a little damage to those 500 hit points each Sword Masters.

A choice of selecting experience points or star coins as a reward would be one solution. Another would be adventures that exclusively provide star coins. "They're" missing a great way to boost revenue by not providing an option to buy star coins with gems too.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Star coins are still dispersed. You get them from Panda mini quest, Coin mini quest, and a few other places such as the Crisis Quest we just completed. While you don't get them in the quantity that they were issued before I've been able to keep up a decent supply of them.

I only hit 50 a couple of weeks before the level cap increase so all of my star coins came to me primarily after that event.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I found getting the Evil Queen completed through the Excelsior yielded a decent turnout...though that's not a grand plan nor a sustainable one either. Then again, look forward to L75 when the XP to SC conversion has been nerved from 10:1 to 100:1 haha

L70 and getting that Ship, or rather completing within the time limit is a sustainable source though...if you are up for the tasks that is...some are a massive slap in the face.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneX View Post
    Star coins are still dispersed. You get them from Panda mini quest, Coin mini quest, and a few other places such as the Crisis Quest we just completed. While you don't get them in the quantity that they were issued before I've been able to keep up a decent supply of them.

I only hit 50 a couple of weeks before the level cap increase so all of my star coins came to me primarily after that event.
    Ok, thanks, but how do I get a steady supply of those mini quests? They aren't available in the Excelsior, or shop. Trading for them sounds time consuming, and expensive, so a better option would be preferred. I just hit level 50 too, so the other options given after your posting aren't yet available to me.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Update.: After checking, I've found that these mini quests aren't available for trade. Only adventures can be traded ... so back to the question of "how do I get them"?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    run Fairy Tales or 1st / 2nd / 3rd Thief, they drop in the loot

~20% VLT, not sure maybe 50% CLT?, 80% HLT/SLT, 100% BLT / 1st / 2nd / 3rd

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Given that you've just discovered that those minis aren't tradeable I suspect that those adventures are going to be out of your reach for a while.

Probably not going to be what you want to hear, but I suggest you focus on growing your economy and leveling for a while. This is a long haul situation; those things will get to be within reach eventually.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the info. I already suspected I'd need to run thief quests, but until I can have elite troops, they're not an option. It's expensive enough to do the Valiant little Taylor, but it's still my best source for exp. points. I haven't done one since reaching level 50, but I know it so well, that I've gotten it down to using the best routes, and tactics. I'll retry one after I rebuild my troops.. It was very expensive clearing most of the new Islands south of my home zone, but I now have lots of extra room, more, and better iron deposits, as well as one more richer gold deposit

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH12 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I already suspected I'd need to run thief quests, but until I can have elite troops, they're not an option. It's expensive enough to do the Valiant little Taylor, but it's still my best source for exp. points. I haven't done one since reaching level 50, but I know it so well, that I've gotten it down to using the best routes, and tactics. I'll retry one after I rebuild my troops.. It was very expensive clearing most of the new Islands south of my home zone, but I now have lots of extra room, more, and better iron deposits, as well as one more richer gold deposit
    Run little Tailor. Do longest adventure search you can and get VLT and do them. once you hit 56 you can start the AliBabas. Its what the rest of us did
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Reply to Thread