Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question on the wedding Cakes and the Panda Cages. BB response requested

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hello everyone,

This is a tricky topic.

When playing this quest, players are able to produce these items in their Provision Houses. These items can be successfully used by the player who produced them, but will not help other players to complete their quests as the first requirement will not trigger.

Once sold, these items are useless. Deliberately and knowingly producing such items to sell them is dishonest and should be avoided.

On a different note, please keep in mind that you should follow moderators instructions, we are closely cooperating and we make sure to be on the same page.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor
    Hate to contradict you Endesmor but trading for a wedding cake does not render it useless. It will then be in your star and complete the "own" task. It is not useless to other players to trade for it. I do agree some may be trying to prey on others. But a traded cake can be used to complete the task unless you made a change at this mornings maintenance.
    LoAr

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hello everyone,

This is a tricky topic.

When playing this quest, players are able to produce these items in their Provision Houses. These items can be successfully used by the player who produced them, but will not help other players to complete their quests as the first requirement will not trigger.

Once sold, these items are useless. Deliberately and knowingly producing such items to sell them is dishonest and should be avoided.

On a different note, please keep in mind that you should follow moderators instructions, we are closely cooperating and we make sure to be on the same page.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

We got called cheaters before, the Quest CLEARLY states "own" not produce. if I can own a certain item and it's not limited, then I can trade it. If you guys plan on nerfing this too, then so be it, but at least be familiar with said item before having mods come into chat accusing us of cheating, as stated before, we were called this by a CL before.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    We got called cheaters before, the Quest CLEARLY states "own" not produce. if I can own a certain item and it's not limited, then I can trade it. If you guys plan on nerfing this too, then so be it, but at least be familiar with said item before having mods come into chat accusing us of cheating, as stated before, we were called this by a CL before.
    He said Nerfing. ROFLMFAO!!!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    But Ive traded with guildies and they completed there quests just fine. Ive used ones I got from a guildy while my provision house was full as well. Simply sent him the mats. this was 2 days ago. Did this change durring maintenance?

I do agree some may trick others into thinking this gives them the quest. This was not what i was trying to do but I was providing a service to Friends and selling some to others who did not have level 52 and the sawmill. i think the whole confusion is the different version in live then was on test server. So we never actually tested the version that went live.
    I wont place them on TO today untill I send a cake to a guildy to test out if they can use the one I made.

Edit : wedding cake works, I sent to a friend it completed. Will have someone make me a cage and test it as soon as I get the item again
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

World
    Zeus
    buying the cake/cage from trade will complete both requirements
    i would buy one myself in case my prov houses were busy for many days and i didnt feel like changing the order of the items or cancelling them, so i dont see a problem in trading this stuff, its not my fault if players buy my overpriced cake, trades like that are up everyday in different resources and are not an exploit

also, if you dont want it tradeable, dont make it tradeable! already 2 maintenances done since the xxl update, so there was time to fix that

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    It looks like perhaps some programer saw the problem and fixed it before it hit live , But the message did not get to everyone. I think the way it is now works better. perhaps leave it as it
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

World
    Zeus
    I think that the majority of the players here are honest and just trying to have fun here. We get that there are rules, and most follow them.

Back to the topic - If a item can be sold in TO, then there should be no problem with it. Nobody is gaining anything. It is not like purchasing the cake (or cage) will create the Quest; that still needs to be earned in an adventure. The resources required for the production of each item is required. Where is the exploit? So, some people would rather save time in their PH/RPH and pay another player for the convenience. We do that every day - some of us like producing weapons, others bread/farms... and we trade each other for what we need.

Please let us just play the game. Happy players play longer, invite other players and on occasion even spend money. Suppressed players will frequently move on.

PS - I guess if I'm tasked to bake a cake for my friend, I have to make it myself and am not supposed to purchase it from the German Bakery down the street?
    Last edited by BB_Endesmor; 10-14-15 at 07:52 am. Reason: Redacted
    "My religion encompasses all religions. I believe in God, I believe in the universe. I believe you are god, I believe I am god; I believe the earth is god and the universe is god. We're all god."
    --- Ray Bradbury

World
    Zeus
    Wow. All of this and nothing...

Not much to say that has not already been said here. Let the designers design and the players play.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    Thread closed.

Closed Thread