Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question on the wedding Cakes and the Panda Cages. BB response requested

Noble
    World
    Zeus

Question on the wedding Cakes and the Panda Cages. BB response requested

Ok I have been hearing that selling the item required for the quests Wedding invite and Panda cages is a Bug/exploit. I am confused how is this a exploit. Its just like selling any other buff. People have full provision houses that they prefer not to empty in order to make the buff. If selling it is a exploit then you should not be able to make stacks of 25 at a time. its not like we are getting something for nothing we simply plan ahead, I made 100 cakes the first time so I could just have them when the bonus dropped.

So is this an exploit Please BB need an actual employee to answer this. or is it that people believe they are buying the actual quest and think they are getting that?

[21:21] mod_Magenta: Just a reminder - the abilty to trade the quest items, wedding cakes and panda cages is a bug, and the quest intends for people to produce them as indicated in the text. please do not exploit this bug by selling these items in trade.

Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Side note if this some how is an exploit then so is selling mahogany logs, Titanium Ore and Mahogany planks since thats what makes them. I guess selling Beanstalks should also be a bug. Make people have a Castle for themselves

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    Side note if this some how is an exploit then so is selling mahogany logs, Titanium Ore and Mahogany planks since thats what makes them. I guess selling Beanstalks should also be a bug. Make people have a Castle for themselves
    My thoughts exactly...

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I don't really understand it either. The tasks are to "own" and then "use". There isn't even a task asking to produce the items. I don't see how it could possibly be considered an exploit.
    LoAr

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I think the MOD does not realize the quest changed since it was on the test server ( when she made her guide) I just dont like it being posted in chat that its a bug and exploit when Ive done it myself and cant see how it is one. This is why I want a BB to answer the question so I know if I can continue to sell the cages. Since I have the mah sawmill and can make the cages for people who dont have the planks

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Methius View Post
    I don't really understand it either. The tasks are to "own" and then "use". There isn't even a task asking to produce the items. I don't see how it could possibly be considered an exploit.

On the test server the quest said produce not own

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    It's neither a bug nor an exploit, just a mod that doesn't understand the words it's using.

Although the quest "may" want you to produce it yourself by description (current description would be reading between the lines then) aka "doing it as it was intended by design", technically it isn't required for it to complete. As mentioned, it was owning and using, not producing and using.

Obviously a painfull simple fix, just make the item untradable and that takes care of that "issue", but BB is working on finding the best detour to break something else along the way, "fixing" something that isn't broken. Imo trading it should be fair game, just adds variety to completing the quest through different means/resources/whatever...and if someone buys it and doesn't have the quest and cannot use it or whatever, well, lesson hopefully learned.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    also make it so you cant make a stack, wouldnt making a stack of 25 so that you dont have to worry that your provision house is full next time you get it. I mean making a stack is smart if you have the supplies. The way it was worded on the test was different, its been changed

Test version

So they changed it for a reason. So please stop accusing us of cheating for selling them. Untill BB answers this I will continue to sell them

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The whole exploit thing did start as you said. The quest worked different on the test server.

With that said, from what I have seen on Ares the majority of people who have bought them in the trade office come to help and ask what is it for. You are helping some people, but pretty much preying on human weakness. Someone sees something they do not have and want it. Or they do not read the pop up and think these will start the quest. Is any of that your fault? No, but you have to know it is there.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Ares
    Hello everyone,

This is a tricky topic.

When playing this quest, players are able to produce these items in their Provision Houses. These items can be successfully used by the player who produced them, but will not help other players to complete their quests as the first requirement will not trigger.

Once sold, these items are useless. Deliberately and knowingly producing such items to sell them is dishonest and should be avoided.

On a different note, please keep in mind that you should follow moderators instructions, we are closely cooperating and we make sure to be on the same page.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

Closed Thread