Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coming Back after 2 years

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Coming Back after 2 years

I can't honestly say why I quit playing now, but I've started back up. Needless to say, just about everything with the exception of the pinewood chain and the hardwood chain is out of balance. I'm at level 34 at this point. So, if you had to pick one or two chains to get rebalanced, which would they be?

World
    Ares
    I'd vote for fish & bread chains, possibly even adding sausage. That way, you can create the buffs needed to help get you back on your feet. And welcome back!

World
    Ares
    Welcome back!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thanks guys! I'm working the most with those two chains, but I also started adding in the copper and Iron chains. BTW, what in the world do I need all the pinewood and hardwood planks for???

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Trade, make tools in the PH, assist guild members with much needed hardwood planks and just because you can have all those resources. Never know when you or somebody else will need it. Welcome back puppy even thou I will never chat with you in game. Pedeace!!!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Once I got to the point where I was building a lot of gold mines, that's when I started needing lots of hardwood planks. With all these new gold mines on the archipelago, I'm going to have to make some more.

I used to use pinewood planks for wells and copper mines, but with unlimited production buildings for both I killed mine off.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Away for even longer than 2 yrs

I've been away even longer but I'm okay bldg the chains. [My problem is the depletion of my quarries, marble specially. I'm sending out my geologists at breakneck speed but to build mines, get enough deeds and just remember all the tiny details that make for a smart game are all so hard to get back. Not to mention the fact that my entire island is now denuded because I had to quit when my woods' chains weren't completely in balance yet so my hardwood production (as a for instance) has some hardwood foresters taking 10 mins while one beside it takes only 4! In the meantime I'm a fishmonger in the Trade Office for marble (it seems to be a GREAT trade!) just to get ahead 'cause my masons aren't up to speed quite yet.] Any other suggestions, except spending RL $ I don't have?

Ok, so the supplies are no longer a problem. I've found a GREAT whose members help e/other out. Except I'm now at an impasse. I have NO deeds, can't grow my population 'cause it's at it's max. I've torn down all the bldgs I possibly could w/out endangering my production lines so that it's very lean. I'm not really growing, not 0 exactly, maybe slightly -. Anyway, I'm doing the quests & finishing what I can but still, w/out being able to enlist & grow my army to conquer the neighboring places, how do I go about growing w/out the aforementioned spending of RL$?
    Last edited by GypsyMoon; 04-19-16 at 03:25 pm. Reason: updating info

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyMoon View Post
    I've been away even longer but I'm okay bldg the chains. [My problem is the depletion of my quarries, marble specially. I'm sending out my geologists at breakneck speed but to build mines, get enough deeds and just remember all the tiny details that make for a smart game are all so hard to get back. Not to mention the fact that my entire island is now denuded because I had to quit when my woods' chains weren't completely in balance yet so my hardwood production (as a for instance) has some hardwood foresters taking 10 mins while one beside it takes only 4! In the meantime I'm a fishmonger in the Trade Office for marble (it seems to be a GREAT trade!) just to get ahead 'cause my masons aren't up to speed quite yet.] Any other suggestions, except spending RL $ I don't have?

Ok, so the supplies are no longer a problem. I've found a GREAT whose members help e/other out. Except I'm now at an impasse. I have NO deeds, can't grow my population 'cause it's at it's max. I've torn down all the bldgs I possibly could w/out endangering my production lines so that it's very lean. I'm not really growing, not 0 exactly, maybe slightly -. Anyway, I'm doing the quests & finishing what I can but still, w/out being able to enlist & grow my army to conquer the neighboring places, how do I go about growing w/out the aforementioned spending of RL$?
    "Time"
    Log in daily for a week, get 100 gems, buy a Noble Residence for 95 gems in the Merchant.
    It doesn't use a building license and upgrades to 50 pop for relatively low level resources.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Um, no. Don't spend gems on a noble. Save gems for something better later like generals, explorers, etc. that will change your game for the better long term.

Buy a noble deed in the trade office with in game resources (coins most likely). It may take some patience to get the coin, but don't waste gems on items easily obtained in the TO. Gems are one of the truly limited resources for a non-paying player.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    {I ended up losing 3 days (!) after the upgrade or whatever that was on the 22nd. I was online during and shortly after the upgrading and today, 10 hrs later, I woke up and my 4 days were gone. I'm so mad! Anyway, I did buy a Noble Residence for the added 37 population but the thing is that I have 2 regiments, one Doormat & 1 Lintel w/ a limit of 200 each. No matter how I configure them, I get either a 50-50 or 90% losses against a Bandit camp. The 50% loss is if I have both regiments stationed next to each other. And no matter what I do, I've not been able to figure out how to level up. I've completed all the available Chains I can. Buffing, stopping or otherwise doing whatever I can to complete the Economic Balancing acts (sorry, I'm sleep deprived right now battling an infection to boot) so I can finish off the last remaining quest and still nothing. I'm dead in the water. I've even moved some of my Fishermen to where the Fish are so I don't have buy fish food (you know what I mean). I'm down to 3 gems so that's it. I saw somewhere that the game is sometimes taken over by the devs, the equivalent of put into mothballs?, if a gamer is gone too long. Could this be possible? That my game has just been put into dormancy 'cause I've been gone so long? Should I contact Support and find out if there's a glitch with my game? Is it worth a try? And I don't have that many coins either. My Guild mates were really generous & topped up my marble, stone, brew, fish, etc. So my spending gems on Deposits ended up being REALLY dumb but I didn't know I'd end up in a good Guild, did I??} It somehow fixed itself. After posting, I logged out, logged back in, and suddenly my quests were ALL COMPLETED and I leveled UP! WEIRD. I still lost the 4 days but I got my gem rewards (100) and a Premium medal (YAY!!) so all's well with my world. Going to bed for about a gazilllion hours! Thank you all.

Thanks, guys!!
    Last edited by GypsyMoon; 04-23-16 at 07:05 am. Reason: Problem resolved!

Reply to Thread