Closed Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin Collectibles

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    On a somewhat related note. The issue seems to be the total number of collectibles spawning. My memory is foggy on the previous Halloween Events, but if you go to the test server and pay attention the spawns they have so far always been between 10-20 and historically during the Christmas event every spawn was between 20-40. So if this is in fact a bug it will once again come to bite us during that event when to get the achievements we are expected to find 250 of each of the three ingredients. Though there is some reprieve as those can be bought... but this is all speculation at this point.
    One army. Pretty please.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    there is only 5 days left in this event and I just 'crossed' the 50 pumpkins achievement off my list. no way in the remaining 5 days will I find 48 pumpkins to complete my achievements for that. I have had 4 days (so far) during this event when I didn't get a single pumpkin all day. my collectibles range from 8-12 and I have found every single one of them, each time they have spawned. it too bad that BB made a goal that is unattainable

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    3 days more ... total of 66 now.

I think we've established from previous events that I am clearly on the wrong side of the "R"NG, but given the consistency from event to event of that, I really doubt how random it is...
    Another day has gone by ... I now have *68*. I get 18-20 collectible drops each time, so it's not the quantity, it's just that HARDLY ANY of them are EVER pumpkins.

World
    Zeus
    Second spawn of the day @ 1530 hours netted 9 collectibles total and one pumpkin... total now 68.

Clearly, the algorithm in question is not going to give enough for some players. What is inhibiting the drop rate and pumpkin drop rate is unknown, but a factor appears to be islands that are 'busy'. It is interesting that the post for the opening of the event stated that the drop rates would be better than last year... lol neither the collections or the pumpkins are even close for this island on this year.

Now to see if I am fortunate enough to get a 3rd spawn today...
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I got 7 pumpkin collectibles in 1 spawn, but I think I'm averaging about 3. My island is pretty free of clutter, especially on the new space where I've only built mines and storehouses.

Didn't they do something at Easter where they changed the rules after the fact because the achievement was broken or at least too much based on luck?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I got 7 pumpkin collectibles in 1 spawn, but I think I'm averaging about 3. My island is pretty free of clutter, especially on the new space where I've only built mines and storehouses.

Didn't they do something at Easter where they changed the rules after the fact because the achievement was broken or at least too much based on luck?
    Well, they changed it mid-stream at Easter, but at least for me, the drop rate coming back from explorers got far, far worse after the change. Not sure they ever admitted to the change, though.

World
    Zeus
    Never got 3rd spawn yesterday - still cannot figure the formula for that... every 8h? total time online > 16h? Both?! Seem to get it on occasion, just no consistency.

First spawn of the day @ 0550 hours netted 11 collectibles total and 5 pumpkins... total now 73.

Second spawn @ 1530 hours netted 10 collectibles and 2 pumpkins for a total of 75.

Third spawn looks unlikely since 2nd took over 10h to appear.
    Last edited by Raubhautz; 11-05-15 at 05:13 pm. Reason: 2nd spawn.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Again, no 3rd spawn...

First spawn of the day completed @ 0520 hours netting 11 collectibles with 2 pumpkins for a total for a total of 77.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    I am in this group, I have 0-1 pumpkins during each collectible cycle, I use the fairy fires (gems wasted) so I find every collectible. I'm getting 12-20 collectibles a cycle and I'm 16 away from reaching the achievement. I haven't missed a day of the event. If there is an achievement, it need to be achievable. I am really irritated, and I know several others in my guild are in the same situation. Fix this, BB!!!

World
    Ares
    Hi everyone,

During the Halloween Event, several players reported difficulties in finding enough collectible items which is affecting the Halloween Event achievements. The Community Team and Support forwarded the reports and several examples to QA and Dev Team.
    It was a little bit tricky, but an issue was found. Even though we cannot present a solution today: You will be informed next week via forum announcement about next steps.

BB_Endesmor

Closed Thread