Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Venting on the Halloween Event

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnant View Post
    ...people that have bought gems in the last month or so that have fewer collection items ...
    That would be a difficult thing to test. The counter-example I can offer is that I have two accounts, both at level 50, with approximately the same number of buildings. I bought gems at the 3x sale just prior to the event only on my Zeus account, and I finished the achievement at the same time on both accounts. That should be an adequate case-control. In an alternate case-control, my wife is level 50 and bought gems, and is on the same server as the account where I did not purchase gems this time. She finished the achievement on the day following, so would fall within an appropriate random range variation.

It is more likely that this is an observational phenomenon, where people who just spent money are more aware that they cannot use gems to meet the achievement.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    [...] It is more likely that this is an observational phenomenon, where people who just spent money are more aware that they cannot use gems to meet the achievement.
    Yes - yes, we know how great you are already! As you are not one afflicted with a lack of collectibles, you are so haughty about it.

FYI - Never gemmed a quest (Oh, and achievements never have been gemmable).
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    wow a whopping 8 collectibles this morning 2 pumpkins now need 11 per day to finish achievement. Great job you did on this!!!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    ...I have two accounts, both at level 50, with approximately the same number of buildings. I bought gems at the 3x sale just prior to the event only on my Zeus account, and I finished the achievement at the same time on both accounts. That should be an adequate case-control. In an alternate case-control, my wife is level 50 and bought gems, and is on the same server as the account where I did not purchase gems this time. She finished the achievement on the day following, so would fall within an appropriate random range variation...
    It would seem you are quite proud of yourself here, Mr. Fine Example. This is not the first time you 'share' your fortune in these threads. Since you are such the expert, please shed some light on the issue and help these players rather than just pat yourself on the back. I see lots of people in similar situations and are unable to overcome the challenge. These forums are normally for some to post issues and share, while other more experienced players can aid/provide advice the others. I do not appear to be affected by this blight of minimum collectible drops, so I don't the issue. Unfortunately, I do not know why or what the difference is and how I could offer advice to these others. Seems to be the fate of the RND function and/or collection drop algorithm.

Better luck on next drops all.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Will add my voice to the frustrations here, even though redundant as it's been my experience that the Devs do listen and pay attention to forum threads that have a high number of pertinent responses.

As of today, with 3 days left in the event, I have 4 clickables left to find. It was touch and go for awhile as I was averaging a need for 5+ per day and had several days with zero pumpkin clicks on one spawn and then a few on the other one. My island is far from empty, and is well decorated, but it is not as crowded as some -- so I'm thinking of it as an "average" island. I do have several open Archipelagos so there is room there. My spawns for collectibles in general have swung between 13(!) to 23, with a very low percentage containing pumpkins; I have had one at least that was zero pumpkin clicks out of 20. I do believe it is a combo between an algorithm and the corresponding RNG. I don't believe there is any Great BB Pumpkin Conspiracy. The source of the issue is likely a concrete one, and a frustrating one at that when an achievement is 'unachievable,' through no fault of the player. We have several players in our guild who have not missed a spawn, and yet are still going to fall way short of the numbers necessary to complete the achievement. Their islands also vary from crowded to average.

There is still time to fix this issue prior to the end of the event.....so I am closing my eyes, clicking my pumpkin spice jeweled shoe heels together and wishing for a morning in the next couple of days where pumpkin clicks abound on my island!

ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader
    The Creators Guild
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 11-06-15 at 08:30 am.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    3 days 7hrs left... so far I found 73 pumpkin collectibles on my island and I am %100 percent sure, not missed a single spawn since the start of event because using fairy fires... so there is something wrong here, since nobody has any idea about it or BB could fix it and we could make the achievement within due time of event, can we get some more time after the first removal phase of event and keep the pumpkin spawns with other collectibles in our islands? at least some more unhappy players will have chance to complete it...

World
    Ares
    Hi everyone,

During the Halloween Event, several players reported difficulties in finding enough collectible items which is affecting the Halloween Event achievements. The Community Team and Support forwarded the reports and several examples to QA and Dev Team.
    It was a little bit tricky, but an issue was found. Even though we cannot present a solution today: You will be informed next week via forum announcement about next steps.

BB_Endesmor

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Is this same issue on test with the Christmas event? Because the drop rates there seem the same with similar achievements for us to try to complete.
    One army. Pretty please.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    since the release of the XXL package, my total collectables have dropped. I use to get up to 21 per spawn but since the release it's gone down to 9, with the rare 15(btw had zero pumpkins in it). yes the amount in each drop raised but the number dropped didn't.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    as of today I have collected 100 pumpkins so it can be done and island is all most full on spaces with buildings with 16 to 21 collections at a time and most of the time just one collection done per day.

Reply to Thread