Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Venting on the Halloween Event

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hi everyone,

.......It was a little bit tricky, but an issue was found. Even though we cannot present a solution today: You will be informed next week via forum announcement about next steps.

BB_Endesmor
    Thank you BB_Endesmor and Team for having ensured that the Devs were well informed of this issue, and for the update. Will be looking forward to hearing how this is resolved.

SP

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    But by that time the event will be over...........

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    The example given was in response to the theory that the number of collectibles being dropped was related to the player purchasing gems. To refute the theory, it is proper to provide examples. Unfortunately, the people who are not affected by these problems do not share their information, making the only information available the limited facts presented by the people having problems. Providing actual information can actually assist in pointing the developers in the right direction. When doing a survey of achievements for a group of daily players level 48+, the completion ratio was just over two-thirds with three days to go.Similarly, from accounts I am able to verify at the level of drops, there does not seem to be any significant difference between range of collectibles based on the level of the player. The only thing I have found that does effect the drop numbers is when the system is unable to place the collectibles on the island. The primary example of this are players that have not revealed their primary island.

So the question is why specific islands are having a continued lower drop rate than should be seen with a random generator. There are two parts to this, as the randomization is occuring at two stages. First, the system is randomly generating a total number of collectibles. This appears to be the primary complaint of the players affected. The distributions would help, as it would give information if the top ends of the ranges are being cut off with these players. Manually increasing the number of collectibles in the formula used would not help players if they were being cut off, as it would be happening after the numbers were generated. The second randomization is occuring when the type of collectible is being assigned. While increasing the proportionate drop of pumpkins would help players with lower total numbers, the effect would be limited with the absolute low total numbers. With relatively large changes in the proportions, it would allow players a better chance to get the achievement, but it would give much larger amounts of pumpkins to players who are seeing larger total numbers.

Fortunately, it seems the developers have an idea of what is causing it. We are just going to have to wait until Monday to find the cause and see how they are going to respond to it. They have typically acted very responsibly when there have been programming issues.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Why all the fuss??? You know BB will do exactly what they did with the Easter Egg Building - they will reward everyone across the board the extra points needed.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by JohannusRex View Post
    Why all the fuss??? You know BB will do exactly what they did with the Easter Egg Building - they will reward everyone across the board the extra points needed.
    I try not to fuss but without rationalized complaining, BB would (probably) not think anything we dont complain about is a big deal, and like the Easter Egg Building- would not reward it to everyone.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacknado View Post
    I try not to fuss but without rationalized complaining, BB would (probably) not think anything we dont complain about is a big deal, and like the Easter Egg Building- would not reward it to everyone.
    Truehead must have his loooooooot.

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Ancient Golem unfair to younger players

I think the requirements to kill the ancient golems are unfair to younger players. First you need titanium (too expensive and rare). And you need to be lvl 36 to make Holy Water.

Why not make the ingredient for Holy Waters something like ... Lots of Gold Ore. That way all players can make it, and get rid of the Lvl 36 barrier.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    1day 15hrs left and 74 pumpkins collected so far... the spawn rate getting better last 2 days, not a single drop of pumpkin yet... awesome achievement event!

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Screwed up Collectables Achievement

I just got down doing my final collectable search. To make sure I would get to the click on 100 pumpkins achievement I spent the coins and used fairy dust twice a day to make sure I didn't miss any. Well even with making sure I found every collectable I didn't get the Pimpking (Click on 100 pumpkin collectable) achievement. So through no fault of my own I get to miss out on Achievement glory and my friends and others get to mock my lack of achievement success.

I'd love to hear from a BB on this. How in the future will you avoid this type of issue.

Thank you,

Zeffin

World
    Ares
    I made 1 bunch of holy water and said forget it for more. Not worth waisting the titanium!

Reply to Thread