Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Browser Freezes

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Yup this happens to me all the time, I cant play more then 15 mins without my game freezing.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Game freezes during adventure just started

Hello

Playing for months on a newer system with uptodate Win10 using chrome. I have the occasional flash crash like others but this is a new issue within the last 4 days.

I started a vlt adven and was able to take down the first camp and then all hell broke loose. The game froze and had to relog which is ok and was returned to home island. I re-entered the vlt numerous times and each time the game froze. I took my lumps and decided to call it a day.

The following day I tried to enter the vlt again but as soon as I hovered over the desktop shortcut the game froze, didnt even have to click on it. This issue lasted the entire day. Tried the adventure again today and was able to get to the island and actually killed off a camp and the game froze.

When the game freezes I am able to open other tabs in chrome and have no issues whatsoever. I submitted a ticket to support but have not been contacted regarding my issue and am hesitant to simply end the vlt, will the freezups continue on the next adventure? Am I going to loose troops as all my gens are still on that island? I dont see any posts for this issue in forums.

Thanks

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Chrome browser freezes regularly when playing the game.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Chrome browser freezes regularly when playing the game.
    Thank you for updating this thread. Our team is already working to address this issue and we will publish more details about it soon!

See you in-game,

BB_Aeyline

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Chrome, Firefox, etc and TABS!!!!

One work around is to open a separate chrome for guides, forum etc.
    Chrome makes the "unseen" tab as inactive. "Chrome will throttle individual background tabs"
    Settlers is trying to chat to your browser, and your browser has gone walkabout, as an Aussie would say.

From the Chrome website;
    "Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in version 57, Chrome will throttle individual background tabs by limiting the timer fire rate for background tabs using excessive power.
    Chrome has focused on improving the user experience by throttling tab performance for many years. Like many browsers, Chrome has limited timers in the background to only run once per second. Via the new throttling policy, Chrome 57 will delay timers to limit average CPU load to 1% of a core if an application uses too much CPU in background. Tabs playing audio or maintaining real-time connections like WebSockets or WebRTC won’t be affected. "

World
    Ares
    I am so frustrated by this freezing problem, I'm ready to quit the game. Would really hate to do that. running adventures includes having wiki up and checking it often, this freezes the game every time. If I have anything else up it also freezes. If the workaround is opening a new chrome for everything else, I will try that. Hope this gets fixed soon though. Very Very unhappy with reply from support, a long list of thigs to do that I already did.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Here's a workaround I discovered for the Chrome freezes lately.

Any time I look at anything on a separate tab - I get a freeze. Not a flash freeze - just a Chrome freeze. And it won't clear if I wait. It's just locked up.

Reloading the game every single time I switch tabs makes it pretty much unplayable for me. I have way too much going on to have only one tab open. I'm a multi-tasker, period. ALL of my play time is while I'm also doing other things. Otherwise, I might get in an hour a week, if I'm lucky.

So - if you click on the little information icon in the chrome web address bar, it opens the a little popup with the settings for the web page you are on. Change a setting (I toggle the camera setting back and forth between default and block) and then close that settings popup. Just ignore and close the information chrome gives you about reloading the site to make the settings go into effect.

Toggling the setting, for whatever reason, always clears my Chrome freeze. Hope this works for you as well.

World
    Zeus
    Hmmm, that is an interesting work-around, TboneX, nice.... though still too much trouble for me to use Chrome for TSO on a regular basis. I use FF mostly, and sometimes use Opera, which is actually the most reliable of them all... When Chrome implemented that algorithym, I stopped using Chrome for TSO, not going to fiddle faddle around with a browser that thinks for me. We should dictate what we want it to do based upon our needs and available resources (CPA, RAM, etc.).
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Just started freezing for me, just fyi

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Another freeze up. BB are you tracking these here?

Closed Thread