Reply to Thread

Thread: Customer service at BB

World
    Ares

Customer service at BB

I love this game and I believe BB is doing a good job. But I think that they must improve their customer service.

I always believed that customer satisfaction surveys were annoying and useless. But at least they offer some kind of relief. When I go to Wal-Mart they ask me to complete a survey to help them improve their customer service. I can even win a gift card. McDonald's will give me a coupon if I do so. Even other nasty companies like Apple or GM want my feedback so they can make my next visit better. That's how they do business in America.

And what about BB? When I file a ticket, they always politely provide some vague answer and they "copy-and-paste" some apologies. They are always prompt to close the case and they invite me to send another ticket if I want. That's exactly as if the manager at Wal-Mart was saying "Hey! if you're not happy, you can always come back tomorrow to see if I care."

I don't think that completing a survey will change anything with BB's customer service, but at least that will give me the illusion that somehow they care. Sort of. And even if that ends up in the trash bin, at least I can vent my frustration and keep playing happily thereafter.
    Whence comest thou?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by kzar View Post
    [...] what about BB? When I file a ticket, they always politely provide some vague answer and they "copy-and-paste" some apologies. They are always prompt to close the case and they invite me to send another ticket if I want [...]
    This type of customer service response started in the early 90's, called 'canned' responses to cover generic information/suggestions to customers WHILE the real technicians worked behind the scenes to investigate and resolve the real issue, if there was one... The use of canned responses have taken a turn for the worst over time and BB appears to be mastering the use of them.

The closing of the ticket tactic is new in the respect that you have only 48 hours to respond to an issue you already submitted - unless the matter is fully resolved, why should one have to continue to reply ad nauseam. Perhaps this tactic is used to exhaust the petitioner to just get tired of submitting, idk - it has prevented me to not submit on several less significant issues and just work around them as I don't feel many issues are taken seriously. So, if that is the tactic, perhaps it can be said to be a successful one. -_-
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    The closing of the ticket tactic is new in the respect that you have only 48 hours to respond to an issue you already submitted - unless the matter is fully resolved, why should one have to continue to reply ad nauseam. Perhaps this tactic is used to exhaust the petitioner to just get tired of submitting, idk - it has prevented me to not submit on several less significant issues and just work around them as I don't feel many issues are taken seriously. So, if that is the tactic, perhaps it can be said to be a successful one. -_-
    Timing.

Roughly six hours ago I sent a ticket on another instance that began:

"This [issue/bug] has been making me fidgety for weeks now so I'll risk the "closed/resolved/open new ticket" flood."

Looked at from player-side the current system could definitely stand improving.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by kzar View Post
    I love this game and I believe BB is doing a good job. But I think that they must improve their customer service.
    I cant start adventures since 26th september, so thats 43 days today, think thats self explanatory....

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    I cant start adventures since 26th september, so thats 43 days today, think thats self explanatory....
    This really uncalled for. Are there some on the BB staff trying to kill the game?

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    This really uncalled for. Are there some on the BB staff trying to kill the game?
    I say so! RB was a nice adventure to run, now camps that never intercepted gens does and cost troops that never did before. I hate it when BB changes crap like that in adventures AFTER they have been released for us to use for some time.

To me, who cares if we find blocks to lessen troops lost? It's still our time and resources to run the adventure.

Who cares if we sell those LS instead of getting players to run adventures like Co-ops, isn't that why you made those stupid Co-op adventures anyways?

Why give us the MMA gen, which was a nice additive when running FT especially, than change FT's so he was now less effective!

Change gen zones so blocks that worked fine can no longer be used.

Let's not forget about the ever increasing problem with lag!

Loading your gen with troops, go to attack and the game skips and you find out, if your lucky before you attack, your gen has reset back to the last troops it held instead of the troops you just changed them too!

Why give us lucky scouts and than null his advantage of extra loot?

The introduction of achievements to get additional bonus resources than cut the drops on many that getting those is stressful.

The removal of event resources can be a ripe off as well if you play the TO and fail to grab enough event resources to get what you want and than BB comes and takes them away in exchange for what they feel is fair exchange, which it's not!

Bad enough when BB goes over time on maintenance they don't also extend buffs to make up for the time players can't get in to turn things off and timing them to run out after they normally come back on goes out the window when they shut down hours longer than normal.

Or how about troops going missing during travel to or from adventures and instead of BB giving those troops back, if your lucky they give you back the resources of them, you have to REMAKE the troops THEY lost!

I say yes, BB has many game developers that are trying to kill the game!

But don't worry, they'll just "cut and paste" the normal jargon of thanks and we'll look into it or pass it along to developers when we all know it's really going in 1 ear and out the other, touching nothing in the middle. So long as players are willing to keep buying those gems, why should they listen to their customers? Their getting their money in the end without actually having to IMPROVE on where they are driving players away.

Reply to Thread