Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Guild Quest Rework

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I really like the fact that it comes down to percentage completion and no more free rides, so big yes to that change. However, as many said, you can't have GQs that take several hours to complete. 4pm pacific is awfully early, if you come on later like some players do, you have barely any time to complete. What was wrong with 6pm pacific/9pm eastern?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am not happy with the new guild quests changes. In theory it sounded great but the implementation if the changes needs a lot of work. I got the new quest but the timer only gives me 4 hrs to complete it, yet it would have taken longer then that to complete it. I thought about using gems to complete it but seeing how you increased the gem cost by over 300% and reduced the reward payout to only 1/3rd of what it used to be there is no longer any incentive to doing the guild quest.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Note to everyone:
    Ignore the timer
    The timer is wrong. The Guild Quests currently resets at 2AM GMT.
    Ignore the timer
    One army. Pretty please.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    needs to be reworked as to GQ requirements vs. guild coins rewarded. paying 75 granite is not worth 12 guild coins.

World
    Zeus
    My current GQ calls for me to produce 100 titanium bars, no problem as that plant is already running. However, if the quest reset at 2 am, and I log on at 8 am, how come I do not get credit for the titanium bars produced during those 6 hours? Do I have to be logged in the whole time for these production quests to count?
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

World
    Zeus
    Once again ridiculous amounts of extremely scarce and expensive resources for some measly Guild Coins... Have the people dreaming up these Guild Quests ever actually played the game???

And tripling or quadrupling the cost to gem a GQ? Excuse me, but your excessive greed is showing (again)... I typically do mine every day but some people have jobs and real lives and can't always get them done in time...

Guild Quest used to be a challenge, now it's just a joke....

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    My current GQ calls for me to produce 100 titanium bars, no problem as that plant is already running. However, if the quest reset at 2 am, and I log on at 8 am, how come I do not get credit for the titanium bars produced during those 6 hours? Do I have to be logged in the whole time for these production quests to count?
    Aside from the cost of some of the GQs this is my biggest problem with them. If you log on 3 hrs before the GQ resets, you get no credit (just like any other production quest) for anything you made before your first login. So now for some people who have to log on late, they can no longer quickly do the GQ. Instead, they are required to login, and check back in 2-5 hrs later depending on their production speed to get credit.

I also don't like feeling like I must have everything ready just in case I need to produce XYZ for a GQ. What happened to specialization being viable? Now if I have an island where I make say bread to sell for other things, I'm getting punished for not having a working titanium chain? (for me its not a problem, but I certainly don't like punishing players who chose a different play style).

Do I like the idea behind the change? Yes.. Do I like the current implementation and quests? No way

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    yep, will do a few more of these ridiculous quests then go back to my own thing with explorers on rarity searches. I like that the quests were made more challenging but throwing away perfectly good resources for crappy rewards, I might as well do expeditions. and as on test even 1 man guilds will get the easter guild quests. so BB ty for the big anti-guild push

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    throwing away perfectly good resources for crappy rewards
    This is the fundamental issue. Even if the quests were reasonable in what they called for being done, the "rewards" are SO not worth it.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    Yup same happened to me - gq reset in the middle of the night (unlike before when it would reset at 10pm EST)... it was a production quest -- and nothing that was produced since reset counted-- it didn't start counting till i logged in.

they need to return it to 10pm est reset - same time as the login bonus and everything else.

Reply to Thread