Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Zeus
    The FAQ seemed clear to me, and I like the 24 hour time limit. We can do 1 guild quest/day now, I wouldn't want that reduced. If you extend the time to 48 hours, you'll be waiting two days every time for inactives to time out. The guild quest has always been something that can be done in an hour or less with tagging lootspots or swapping resources amongst guild members. There's no reason for it to take 2 days.

This change will be a relief to guild leaders who are caught between a rock and a hard place with members who do their quests in the first few hours it pops up, and those that let it sit for a couple days. Now the guild quest completion is on a time limit, and if you choose not to do it, you're not holding everyone up. There will just be a new quest every day.

I would like, as a guild leader, to be able to keep track of who is not completing their quests, if it is a drag on the guild coins earned over a period of time. I'm sure the 'cost' of not having a member complete their quest will be made available with the Dev's Diary.

Like the stacking feature, this change will be welcomed - the sooner, the better for both of them.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    There are pros and cons. The big cons for me would be the increasing cost of guild coins. There are several GQ asking - pay 60 gunpowder, pay 40 carriages, pay 30 cannons... At this moment at least we get the full amount of guild coins (17+119 in my case). With the new implementation you will spend the same, but get 17 + % of 119, depending how many ppl complete by the end of the day. Add to this the fact that all inactives will be counted (based on what was described to us in the sneak-peak) so all of a sudden you will get maybe 15-20% of 119, at best.

Pros - only players who complete will get guild coins reward - However this could have implemented in the current setup: ie - guild has 80 members, 50 active (with GQ), you need 40 to complete the GQ - only those to complete will get GQ reward, the other 10...bad luck and hurry up next time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    It says the coins will be given to the people who complete the quest. At least that is how I read it. So if you do not do it you get nothing.

However if it is based on total members and there is still the ten member limit, my guild will die. I guess if this is Blue Byte's way of getting rid of quite a few guilds it will work fine. Imagine how much worse the trolling for members will become.
    If your guild has 10 members or more, and only 1 active, you will get the 10% threshold. You just need to 10 to get a GQ.

However, the other tidbit I forgot to mention, there is a timer. I think its a 'daily' guild quest. So I imagine no one will be finishing them at all anymore. Unless a GQ guild is formed for that specific purpose. It would only take a month to get enough coins for one alibaba, lol.

World
    Ares
    For the most part, I like the new aspects of this. However, I'm putting my vote in for every 48 hours instead of 24, for this reason only: Some quests require you to run a specific adventure or just complete an adventure in general. If you're already in a long adventure that won't get finished for a day already (while you're still training troops for said adventure) and it doesn't meet the guild quest's requirements, you won't get the guild quest done for some time. 48 hours would give us time to get that adventure done.

DJHerbalT, you can currently see who in your guild is and isn't completing guild quests. If you click on the Guild icon on the bottom bar in the game and click on the Members tab, you'll see all your members. One of the columns there is the status of the guild quest. I hope this feature will be retained if this new system goes into effect.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I really like the 48 hour idea. I'd like to propose a slight modification. Have a new GQ start every 24 hours and last 48 hours. That way we can simultaneously work on both the old and new GQ. That would solve the time zone problems and the problems with really hard GQ.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I am in favor of the 24 hour limit, however there does need to be a complete rework of what the guild quests ask us to do.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Ok, so I can I again cancel the horrid ones?
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I favor the 24 hour time limit.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I posted this on the test server concerning the same issue of tracking members who are and are not completing the quest:

Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    I was told the new guild quest setup had reached the test server. One thing that would make it easier for guild leaders to follow what is happening is for the system to send a mail with the information currently on the guild page at the completion of the quest. This would allow guild leaders to see who is completing the quests and contributing. Other enhancements could include giving the quest information, such as the name of the quest, and possibly even what the requirements were for each level.

While every guild may not want that information, it would be a boon to active guilds. As some may not want the information, perhaps it could be toggled in the guild management area where permissions are set. But even if it went to all guild leaders with active guild quests, it would not be overly difficult to delete the information unread if desired.
    While I know you can see it on the guild GUI, the information is only available while the quest is active and only for that quest. It is no longer available once the quest is completed, meaning that the last person to complete it is never shown.

I would also like to see how the percentages of completion compare to the current numbers. Right now, if 80% of the active guild completes the quest, there are fixed numbers. In order to make the new quests comparable, the 100% completion award should be higher than the current completion award. Also, it would help to see the differences for overall guild size, assuming that the levels of difficulty are still increasing with the guild size.

World
    Ares
    Hello,

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I will make sure to forward it.

BB_Endesmor

Reply to Thread