Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ali Baba and the Treasure of Knowledge

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Ali Baba and the Treasure of Knowledge

Hmm, I had hoped with the years that have passed that the same sick, twisted individual that designed Wild Mary would have moved on to another job by now. Whoever designed this map you might not want to go to their Christmas Party.

The sectors are concentric circles with multiple leaders. Many launch and retreat attacks combined with excessively long marches so you have to stare at the ten minute march so you do not mistakenly allow your general to die with expensive troops. I am just playing around on the test server and I do not even want to waste the free troops on this.

I have seen all the other "Ali Baba..." adventures other than Besieged City, why is this one so much more sadistic? If the Arabian Tower comes from this one I give up.

Big image
    Last edited by BB_Endesmor; 11-25-15 at 05:32 am. Reason: Removed inappropriate comments.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    As if the game already doesn't punish you with travel time, and the glacial walk speed.
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    Hmm, I had hoped with the years that have passed that the same sick, twisted individual that designed Wild Mary would have moved on to another job by now. Whoever designed this map you might not want to go to their Christmas Party.

The sectors are concentric circles with multiple leaders. Many launch and retreat attacks combined with excessively long marches so you have to stare at the ten minute march so you do not mistakenly allow your general to die with expensive troops. I am just playing around on the test server and I do not even want to waste the free troops on this.

I have seen all the other "Ali Baba..." adventures other than Besieged City, why is this one so much more sadistic? If the Arabian Tower comes from this one I give up.

SweaterPuppies, Love it!
    Still around from time to time.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    To be somewhat more serious, I will officially label this as the most brutal adventure I have seen. I do not pretend anything will change, but just dividing the outermost sector in half will make it much more bearable. If nothing else, moving a couple camps so that you can hit every leader from either landing zone without being intercepted by the next ring inward would help. Otherwise you have to attack the left half of the camps from the left side and the right half of the camps from the right side. The interceptions of interceptions of interceptions of... just drag on an on. By the time I conquered the outermost sector my sacrifice generals on the first camps were already starting to revive. And why is the left hand side so much more of a pain than the right hand?

I suppose if two people actually run this it is not that terrible. I am kind of curious if a level 6 elite barracks can train enough people to complete this adventure in 14 days. If only we were not expected to have three armies you might be able to save up and build a decent one for this adventure beforehand without being terribly bored.

On the plus side, if oSettlers is to be believed there is no special building from this adventure and the ones that have them you can get through other, less painful methods.
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    This was the loot by the way.

The follow up is Besieged City which apparently has the possibility to drop the coveted Arabian Tower and though again it shares in the interceptions of interceptions of interceptions of... it is far less painful... and again the left hand side is more brutal than the right. Seems like someone is jealous that us left handed people are far more awesome.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    agreed, check my guide for it....this one is not fun

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I'm nowhere near the point of doing these adventures. I just wanted to post to confirm that we left-handers are more awesome.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    This is the trend with BB in all of this xpac: to induce and practice masochism. I am sick and tired of big maps taking weeks to complete, elaborate tripple blocks calculations, than can be brutally messed up simply by... SERVER LAG!

Make people happy, please BB. Give few hard core adventures like that for those who enjoy masochistic rituals ( I know some players do). Let them spent weeks on blocking, retreating blocking again positioning and such. Hey if that's what they like - kudos to them.

At the same time could you be so kind to the part of your player base who sit for 1-2 hrs a day at the game simply not having more time to spend or just not enjoying the tedious adventures and give us few smaller ones? Scale the rewards in xp and loot accordingly but give those of us who have lives/jobs/family/friends to enjoy the game in small doses as our time is limited.

Why does every follow up adventure has to be bigger, longer more tedious?

I get it BB you sit 8 hrs at the office doing nothing more than "the game". Most of us don't. We do jobs and then log in the game for an hour or two. In the words of the later Dart Vader: "I find your lack of vision disturbing"

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I am currently working on this adventure myself, So I agree someone needs to find this programer and dump itching powder in his under wear drawer. The spiral pattern is a bit much, Long walks and returns. not to mention aiming at a leader pulls you into completly new sections all the time
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    First I would like to say thank you Blue Byte for making this adventure much, much, much, much more tolerable by stopping generals from being intercepted by an enemy camp in a different sector. This made all of the difference in the world.

Second, could you put a rock or a tree right about here to block that marching path. It would mean the world to me.

You still have to attack all of the same camps, so it is not cutting the cost, only time.

But again, fantastic job making a horrible adventure less painful.
    One army. Pretty please.

Reply to Thread