Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KingHomer's Quasi-Evil Guides

Noble
    World
    Zeus

KingHomer's Quasi-Evil Guides

Okay, since Evil_J was out of commission for over a month back in the first days of XXL, I had to venture into the darkness with no guide.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Anyway, welcome to KingHomer's "Quasi-Evil" Guides. Yes guides, there are temporarily multiple woohoo! so now it's more than one so it's plural...

Links:
    KingHomer's Guides

Current contents:
    Fast Woodcutter guide - takes under an hour, Level 57+, needs a lot of gens but does not use CoA
    Level 56 Woodcutter guide - not set up for faster run, Level 56 (no Besiegers), needs only a few gens and does not use CoA

Anyway, let me know if you have any suggestions, questions, improvements. I promise to begin ignoring you immediately.

Enjoy!

KH

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Why are X7 and X8 so far out? You can get the same effect by hugging the mountain with half of the march time. Also if you kill C4 before you go after C5/6 L4, you do not need to run a block on it.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    You don't kill C4 on my Second Thief:

- X3 (First 1R block) is to let the C6 block get through - otherwise C4 intercepts the C6 block
    - X7 (Block) is to let the L5 attack get through - this block lasts until the leaders are dead, at which point C4 disappears

Also, X7 and X8 are positioned so the timing of X8 killing L5 matches the timing of X6 killing L4. If they are placed closer, then the X7 block on C4 does not last until both leaders are killed.

I will probably need to add a note or something like Evil's Woodcutter guide that L4 and L5 are killed at same time.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Okay, I guess it is just a bit unclear to me what is a block and what is a kill. I see now that everything with a {xxx} at the end is a kill and displays your losses.
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You can also throw in a 1r block at the first camp to save you a few lives.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    You could, but there is no need to do so if you want to kill L2 - the losses on X1 in your picture are identical to the losses on the camp you need to take out from the other landing zone to reach L2. So I just take out that first camp and kill both leaders from the top.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Your map is missing that camp by the lower landing zone. Was not actually looking at the adventure when I made my critiques. In that case I thank you as you have helped my crummy guide in several ways.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    That camp is not relevant... so it got covered up by relevant stuff.

After test monkey dufusXIII ran the Second Thief guide, I went through some stuff and made a few changes.

The L4/L5 block sequence sending X3-X8 in rapid succession worked, I'm happy to say.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Adding a fast woodcutter guide. It's a bastardized version of evil's guide and requires a boatload of gens, but it takes under an hour.

There are fourteen gens in route to attack at once on the second set, if anyone wants to try it, be my guest. I run it this way every time now, it sort of feels like the start of SLT when all kinds of things are moving.

Also took down the 2nd Thief Guide. Evil used my L4/L5 block (woohoo, I did something right) but made it much easier to understand and vastly improved C10. Go use his guide - as if you weren't already!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Did anyone try this fast woodcutter yet? lol probably not but would be interested in feedback if anyone did

Reply to Thread