Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Sneak Peek: New chat features

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The only thing i want to see is the ability to change the font size in the chat window, my vision has massively deteriorated since I began playing this game and being forced to read small font sizes. If we're able to make the font a little bit bigger, that would be so nice.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    The symbols instead of text is guaranteed to cause confusion.
    Can't say I'm a fan of symbols over words (though they have to save space someplace I guess).

World
    Zeus
    As long as the whisper tab pops up and gets stuck randomly, I will be fine with it.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    the only issue I see is why 2 adventure chats? since at tops 4 players are on any given adventure 2 separate channels seems a bit much imo.

This is because you need a chat box for the adventure YOU started. (and it's for those on your adventure).

And the one you JOINED. Meaning somebody else started it and you join theirs for loot spot or to help them complete it.

Most likely, I assume that you will appear in their "Started adventure" chat box. But on your end, it appears as "Joined adventure".

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would love to see a way to set some kind of AFK notice or message, since I leave the game logged in and walk away or switch tabs a lot...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderQON View Post
    I would love to see a way to set some kind of AFK notice or message, since I leave the game logged in and walk away or switch tabs a lot...
    +1 Hmmm, I have to like the idea as I'm in the same boat.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    less chat channels makes since if no one is using them.
    not sure about the lvl 5 before being able to chat, seems that is when they need the help and being unable to chat will have more leaving the game then staying. I don't know how hard it would be to just limit them to Help chat that would seem a better idea, though some times Help has no one monitoring it to actually help anyone.
    I hope the new symbols will also have words, symbols can be confusing at times.
    The ability to change font size would be really nice.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    not sure about the lvl 5 before being able to chat, seems that is when they need the help and being unable to chat will have more leaving the game then staying.
    This. I would seriously consider waiving the level requirement in the help tab for the sake of new player retention.

Icons - a tooltip would be a good idea.

Font size - I wouldn't use it myself, but I can see how others might want to. A good idea as long as it's configurable.

Otherwise everything sounds great to me. All these new feature announcements... are you under new management or something?

World
    Ares
    I like the whole thing, except one thing: It would make more sense to me if the 2 icons for the adventures were more similar. Maybe something like a compass for both, with the one that you're hosting also have a crown or other leader-like bit and the one you're joining have a sword or other army-like bit. I'm liking the suggestions from others here as well.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I like the idea also. Keep the good ideas coming.

Reply to Thread