Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Sneak Peek: New chat features

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    don't get rid of the text in the tabs, there are enough random symbols for us to navigate blindly as is, and it will only serve to confuse veterans and noobs alike.

Also, I'm not sure how a reduction in global channels does anything in terms of the moderator's attention, considering global-1 is the only one where all those crazy rules apply (I have been told SPECIFICALLY by blue and yellow texted people that if i want to discuss religion, politics, discrimination, etc, that i must do so in a DIFFERENT global channel).

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbo View Post
    there are many players under lvl 5 that need help and have valid questions.
    I have to disagree, the tutorial has them on pretty tight rails at that point, and most of the questions from anyone under level 5 are the product of their inability to read and follow directions (which makes answering such questions pointless).

World
    Ares
    Hello,

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

BB_Endesmor

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with the idea of wondering if it might be possible to turn off a chat option or just temporarily disable it in some way they way we can with things like sound or certain animation/visual components of the game (but not disable the chat feature altogether). I sometimes actually switch over to one of the unused global channels specifically to "mute" having to see the constant notices about a new post in Global-1 (which I admittedly never read nor participate in, especially at certain times of the day--although, I had in the past sometimes participated in the trivia challenges held on that channel) as when I log in and am otherwise occupied with something (such as an adventure or waiting for a notice about a geologist or explorer or one of my generals), it can get a bit distracting to constantly see that tab constantly flashing or I just like the "peace and quiet".

World
    Ares
    Very good additions! Thank you.
    3 points and a suggestion:
    1) I agree with SweaterPuppies, we need text labels at least on hover-over
    2) I also agree with LadySettler, we need larger font so we don't have to zoom the map in order to read the text
    3) And I agree with the level 5 requirement mostly. But Thumbo has a point, so maybe the help tab could be open to all levels?
    Suggestion: can we have a toggle with all the chat commands? It doesn't need to be another tab, just another toggle button on the lower right where the auto-scroll and color button is.

World
    Ares
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Just make something where our generals can go thats all i care to comment about

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    another agreement for hover over tooltips... its way to easy to misconstrue these icons..

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    Very good additions! Thank you.
    3 points and a suggestion:
    1) I agree with SweaterPuppies, we need text labels at least on hover-over
    2) I also agree with LadySettler, we need larger font so we don't have to zoom the map in order to read the text
    3) And I agree with the level 5 requirement mostly. But Thumbo has a point, so maybe the help tab could be open to all levels?
    Suggestion: can we have a toggle with all the chat commands? It doesn't need to be another tab, just another toggle button on the lower right where the auto-scroll and color button is.
    Also, it'd be nice if they fixed it so that chat remembered that "white text" was selected between logins again.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    and thanks for bringing back the mysterious whisper stalker last night.. haven't seen it in months - now its back ...

Reply to Thread