Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Sneak Peek: New chat features

World
    Ares

Feedback - Sneak Peek: New chat features

Dear chatters,

Do you want to discuss the upcoming chat changes mentioned in the Sneak Peek?
    Here is the multiplayer thread for your comments

Happy discussion!
    BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    ROFL! Uh, is the text in the example chat a sign of things to come?! I like the song too, just find the double-entende humorous. (Laibach as a responder is also a nice touch)

On a serious side; I find the overview of the new chat features to be all positive. Keep at least 10 global available and looks good. One request would be to reduce the amount of 'chat server connection lost' issues.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    the only issue I see is why 2 adventure chats? since at tops 4 players are on any given adventure 2 separate channels seems a bit much imo.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    It's because you can have two adventures - the one you're running and the lootspot. You don't want the adventure you're tagging knowing the secrets of the adventures you run!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The symbols instead of text is guaranteed to cause confusion. If you hover over the symbol does it give you a pop up saying what it is?
    One army. Pretty please.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    1. Could you also increase the size of the font? And ensure the font style is easy to read? Everything else looks good.
    2. The only thing I don't like about the 10 channels, as opposed to 30 is, rarely, a channel is used for a private discussion, and with 10 channels, it could much more easily be found and read. It's easier to go thru 10 globals than 30

As a side comment, 2 adventure chats are perfect! Easier for a host NOT to be a go-between in 2-3 whisper chats...good planning!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Do we get the ability to ability to turn channels off in the new design? If we don't, can we please?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    It's great!
    Only 2 issues (of course, I have issues ):
    1 - we get confused sometimes with text - the icons will make it worse.
    2 - lvl 5 requirement - I get why, but there are many players under lvl 5 that need help and have valid questions.

World
    Zeus
    I like the whole idea. (Don't faint)

Settler
    World
    Ares
    *faints

Reply to Thread