Reply to Thread

Thread: different maintenance time please :)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

different maintenance time please :)

As a first shift working person on eastern standard time a change in maintenance times would enhance my game a lot! the evening before a maintenance i know i usually wont be able to re-log for 20 hours or so. not the end of the world, just a game i know, but maybe we jam the west coast for 1/2 the year then jam the east again for the other 1/2? lol prolly needs to be convenient for the coders that actually do the maintenance stuffs but geez i have an island to run here people!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    One of those things in life...you can't make everyone happy. If maintenance would actually be shifted "just for you" then somebody else will pop up that was just content with those times.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    4-7 EST seems like a pretty decent time. I'm not sure there's a more suitable one that would also cater to the west coast. Maybe a little bit earlier. I'd say midday, but I have to login once just after noon because there is no bookbinder queue still.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    And very likely, hopefully, never will be a queue for bookbinder.
    It is meant to take time to get all your geo's and explorers capped out in skill trees. Or else you'd have them all done in a month, and it's another useless building with all the other buildings supporting it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    According to Pandur, there won't be a Bookbinder queue ever as they want it to be the way it is.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I have an always buffed level 6 bookbinder. Taking full advantage of it requires logging in every 5-6 hours. For the most part, I do maintain that pace. Beyond what I had already done previously, I have been doing that for 8 or 9 months. I still have 2 savage scouts and 3 tavern explorers left to book. Then I need to go back and half rebook the explorers/geologists whose trees I am not satisfied with, and I suppose I should add some books to the conscientious geologist as well. Once I run out of glues, I'm just going to drop down to twice a day rather than bothering to get more because the amount of babysitting is quite silly. At least now there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, even with a queue, this would not be over in a month or even a year. It would just help make the scheduling reasonable.

Reply to Thread