Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sophisticated Pillager does not appear to work on Ali Baba Adventures.

World
    Zeus

Sophisticated Pillager does not appear to work on Ali Baba Adventures.

It appears that the Sophisticated Pillager skill on explorers that perform Very Long Adventure Searches does not work on Ali-Baba discovered Adventures.

My explorers have discovered many adventures while executing the Very Long Adventure Search and on occasion activate the Sophisticated Pillager skill on the Epic adventures, but not once has this skill been activated for the Ali-Baba adventures discovered (Woodcutter) and they have discovered enough that at a 30% rate, one should have been activated by now.

Does Sophisticated Pillager work on Ali-Baba adventures, or is this skill a waste now on explorers used on VL Adv. Searches?

Come to think of it, I do not recall any FT adv (Only VLT to date) activating Sophisticated Pillager in any adv. search... and I have discovered MANY VLT in my various searches. Hope that this is not a top-end skill that only applies to low-end searches.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    If the skill is active you will see it in the return notes... however as someone pointed out there are a lot of adventures that do not have bonus adventure quests tied to them. Maybe one day this will be fixed. Also to whine about an old point I think those bonus adventure quests should reward star coins instead of experience.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    If the skill is active you will see it in the return notes... [...]
    Thanks, I am aware of this... Ergo my creation of this thread.

[...] however as someone pointed out there are a lot of adventures that do not have bonus adventure quests tied to them [...]
    I know that Coops never returned them, though for the rest, I do not know as my explorers with Sophisticated Pillager probably have never run Medium, and certainly never ran short Adventure searches. That is kind of bogus if that is true, since the skill does not really make that clear that only select Adv/Coop/Scenarios have these Bonus' quests. IMHO, they all should. Though my opinion and $4USD will get you a tall Mocha at Starbucks.

[...] I think those bonus adventure quests should reward star coins instead of experience.
    I'd bite.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I was not around for the introduction of the science system so I am assuming the bonus quests that exist are the original ones from then. So all the times they changed what adventures are found in searches it never got updated.

The co-ops, Valiant Little Tailor, Sleeping Volcano, Arctic Explosion, Bastille Island, Sleepy Reef, and Ali Baba and the Young Woodcutter do not seem to have bonus adventure quests. All the rest that can be found in adventure searches I am fairly sure I have seen.

With that said the bonus treasure quest probably has the same shortcomings for grout/mahogany/platinum/gold bars and the prolonged treasure search.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus

Exclamation BB - Please reply!

BB_Endesmor,

For many things posted in these forums, having other player's input is great and on occasion, helpful; in matters of technical issues, whether they are BCC, imagined, real, or just misunderstood, the input of BB replies are REALLY helpful to understand how BB feels about an issue or problem and then we players can accept and move on or take other actions; without BB input, we players just end up agreeing with each other, or just wasting space by reiterating the same thing over and over without resolution.

Please advise on BB status on the following issue described in this thread. In summary:
    • When using the science skill for Explorers 'Sophisticated Pillager', it seems that only certain adventures are subject to getting a 'Bonus Quest'. Of note, no Fairy Tale, Ali Baba, Coop Adventure, Scenario or Mini-Adventures, among others do not.
    • The science skill as described in the game states that Adventures discovered have a 30% chance of getting a 'Bonus Quest', this suggests all adventures returned have this opportunity.
    • Assuming BB is already aware of this functioning, what is the plan, and/or is a 'fix' in the works?
    • As this is a top-tier skill, it should work as advertised. The player(s) have to spend great amounts of time and resources to get there, and only one spot can be attained. It should not be handicapped. IMHO, not only Fairytale (VLT) and AliBaba (WC) adventures should have 'Bonus Quest' potential, but Coops and Scenarios returned from such a search.

Thank you in advance.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    BB_Endesmor,

Please advise on BB status on the following issue described in this thread. ...

Thank you in advance.
    good luck.

World
    Ares
    Hello everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Does Sophisticated Pillager work on Ali-Baba adventures, or is this skill a waste now on explorers used on VL Adv. Searches?
    As far as I know, no, it doesn't work. However, I do not know if this is intended or not, I will ask my colleagues and get back to you next week. In the future, don't hesitate to send me a private message if you think I overlooked an important thread, I will do what I can to answer.

BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hello everyone,

As far as I know, no, it doesn't work. However, I do not know if this is intended or not, I will ask my colleagues and get back to you next week. In the future, don't hesitate to send me a private message if you think I overlooked an important thread, I will do what I can to answer.

BB_Endesmor
    Danke!
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hello everyone,

As far as I know, no, it doesn't work. However, I do not know if this is intended or not, I will ask my colleagues and get back to you next week. [...]
    BB_Endesmor
    Hello! Has there been any feedback on this issue from design?

From what I see from experience and other posts in this thread, currently the only adventures that have bonus quests are the ones that were available when the science system was put into place (~early 2013?), and adventures that were added to the Explorer search list following that time do not have bonus quests available for the Sophisticated Pillager skill. If this is the case, I motion to have all the adventures (except perhaps mini-adventures) have Bonus Skill Quests added to comply with the Sophisticated Pillager details and make it worth even investing in the (expensive) top-tier skill for our explorers. Thank you.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Yeah, just ready to implement Codex into explorers and it seems that the skills are all based upon the game features at the time of science implementation and not been updated since to reflect new features. Bummer. Think I may as well abort wasting time on fittings and advanced paper. Garbage time.

Reply to Thread