Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Settlers Online Slim Browser Version

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    That is full-screen mode, which does work in a matter of speaking... It would be nice to be in regular mode and not have that bar, however. Thank you.
    Well it doesn't seem to change the size of the window but rather simply hide the bar in the TSO version (but not in the the Anno client, not that anyone here cares about that) however that leads to a problem if you DO want to toggle full screen but have the bar hidden in that it's sorta clunky. You can take it out of full-screen and you have the normal windows max/min/etc buttons so you don't have to push it fullscreen.

With the Chrome flash client (you can choose which flash to use in the config) it is noticeably faster and a godsend, really, but if you're on Chrome or one of the Comodo variants, you'll see about the same flash performance, just less overhead.

World
    Ares
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by theWhiteCane View Post
    Well it doesn't seem to change the size of the window but rather simply hide the bar in the TSO version (but not in the the Anno client, not that anyone here cares about that) however that leads to a problem if you DO want to toggle full screen but have the bar hidden in that it's sorta clunky. You can take it out of full-screen and you have the normal windows max/min/etc buttons so you don't have to push it fullscreen.

With the Chrome flash client (you can choose which flash to use in the config) it is noticeably faster and a godsend, really, but if you're on Chrome or one of the Comodo variants, you'll see about the same flash performance, just less overhead.
    Agreed.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    is there a Mac version as well or will there be one?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    After more time using the client, I have to give it a thumbs up.

I'd still like it to not cover my windows taskbar, primarily for multitasking and knowing what time it is, but I've fallen into Alt-Tab mode pretty easily.

The performance is noticeably better than vanilla chrome on both of the machines I use regularly to play the game. I'll continue using the client.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Longinus_Maximus View Post
    is there a Mac version as well or will there be one?
    Hello,

We only provide a Windows version for now, but I will let my team know that you would be interested in a Mac version.

BB_Endesmor

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Slim browser

so whats the deal with the slim browser, is it more of an surveillance device? cause I know how much u like to spy on us.
    I seriously cant get why a "gaming" company would want to know so much about their customers... there's only one reason that comes in mind and that's that this is a subdivision to cia or nsa, or atleast affiliated with them. If not, then we should all have even more concerns about why you need to know basicly EVERYTHING we do online!

Read the Terms people!! A psychological profile is built against you, and even if u think that u have nothing to hide its cause for concerns!

So... what is this slim browser doing that the regular browser cant do you might ask... well it can scan your private files on your pc and send that info to bluebyte or one of their hundred affiliates. why? yeah that's what I would like to know too. "gaming company"...pffft yeah right

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Holy ******* paranoid. Dude really. Just really. If you dont want to use it dont. Its that simple. They are just trying to offer there customers more options.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Hixory View Post
    so whats the deal with the slim browser, is it more of an surveillance device? cause I know how much u like to spy on us.
    I seriously cant get why a "gaming" company would want to know so much about their customers... there's only one reason that comes in mind and that's that this is a subdivision to cia or nsa, or atleast affiliated with them. If not, then we should all have even more concerns about why you need to know basicly EVERYTHING we do online!

Read the Terms people!! A psychological profile is built against you, and even if u think that u have nothing to hide its cause for concerns!

So... what is this slim browser doing that the regular browser cant do you might ask... well it can scan your private files on your pc and send that info to bluebyte or one of their hundred affiliates. why? yeah that's what I would like to know too. "gaming company"...pffft yeah right
    If you live in Flint, stop drinking the tap water.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    You guys should read the TOS. and stop defending a company with dodgy reasons for doing surveillance on their users. Unless ur actually working for bluebyte, and tries to diminish posts like this...

Reply to Thread