Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Settlers Online Slim Browser Version

World
    Zeus
    Hmmm, this thread took an interesting turn.

I find that the slim browser is quite efficient in systems with minimal resource machines; but since it is a Chromium engine, I do prefer Firefox. As the slim browser is designed to work with minimal resources I find it difficult tho believe that it doubles as a snooping agent.

Google is not my favorite organization for a variety of reasons and Google does have a history of 'obtaining' information regarding users web travel. I do not go out of my way to avoid their products or services, I just have preferred products and services.

In any case, if you are that concerned, you could always use a packet capturing tool to monitor your network traffic while the browser is open (Wireshark, among others provide excellent capturing/filtering options), and/or control (and monitor) your cookies.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    For me, the slim browser interferes with Chrome settings (like home page and start with open tabs) reseting to defaults and also keeps MANY of my extensions from working in Chrome. These issues are deal breakers for me. If I can find a workaround for it, I will defenitely start using the slim version again.
    Last edited by MM3Lee; 01-26-16 at 08:23 am. Reason: spelling correction

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    As the slim browser is designed to work with minimal resources I find it difficult tho believe that it doubles as a snooping agent.
    You do realize that Mr OMGREADTHETOSGASP is trolling, right?

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    As the slim browser is designed to work with minimal resources I find it difficult tho believe that it doubles as a snooping agent.
    Chromium is an open-source browser from which Google Chrome is created. You can check the code if you want, and the browser comes with minimal tracking features (for installation and diagnostics). Additionally, since the Slim Browser will only be used to play TSO, not much data will be collected from your browsing.

BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    Slim browser is neat and all but, I wish it had the auto password complete like the other browsers. I have tomanually type my password everytime for UPlay.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Slim browser is neat and all but, I wish it had the auto password complete like the other browsers. I have tomanually type my password everytime for UPlay.
    Thanks for the suggestion

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Got bored an played with this today. Overall I approve, but is there some way to refresh without having to close the browser and reopen?

After time it still bogs down and could use a good refresh.
    One army. Pretty please.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I haven't found a way to force a refresh from within the slimbrowser. Best I could come up with is logout/in.

World
    Zeus
    Slim Browser has a login bug. I failed login a few times and then it asked me to solve a capatcha but there was no capatcha to solve.

I had to switch back to Internet Explorer to login and saw the capatcha box there.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Slim Browser has a login bug. I failed login a few times and then it asked me to solve a capatcha but there was no capatcha to solve.

I had to switch back to Internet Explorer to login and saw the capatcha box there.
    Thank you for the report. I will try to reproduce the issue.

BB_Endesmor

Reply to Thread