Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5 Dollar Monthly Membership

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

5 Dollar Monthly Membership

In exchange for 5 dollars US members receive gems equal to their achievements points.

World
    Zeus
    Please do not give them any ideas.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    Please do not give them any ideas.
    What you want everything for free? Or are you just a sour apple that you have to rain on others parades?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If gems are too powerful than maybe gold coins could be rewarded. Perhaps it cold be upgraded to gems with a one time payment of 500k gold coins.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Antayat View Post
    What you want everything for free? Or are you just a sour apple that you have to rain on others parades?
    I've spent an obscene amount of money on this game since closed beta.
    Just don't give them any ideas, please.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Antayat View Post
    If gems are too powerful than maybe gold coins could be rewarded. Perhaps it cold be upgraded to gems with a one time payment of 500k gold coins.
    That's a very good idea actually. :-P

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I'm with Epsilon on this one. Bad idea. And it would pre-empt anyone from playing who does not possess a credit card. Personally, i would just quit and move on to some other game that did not require a membership fee.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The game would still be the same as it is. You don "have" to pay a membership. My idea is two fold. One to give achievement points a reason for being. I'm not a kiddie that plays xbox that wants to compare achievement points to say I'm bigger. As they are I could careless unless they have a reward attached to them. Second is the game is reaching it's mature state. It's just a small fee a month to help keep the game going longer. Not that it's in a state of falling. These games don't run fro free. Like I said this isn't a mandatory monthly fee to play. It's optional. I also would prefer gold coins over my initial gems idea.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    This could be a viable idea, although the actual reward could be argued. I doubt they would give anything free just for paying money, as they really try to keep some balance between player who buy gems and those who do not. Beside, we are already horribly inflationary on gold, so pushing even more into the game economy would not beneficial. Perhaps they can increase loot from adventures, length of buffs, and even give extra quests. I am not sure they can make a separate payment option for membership, so maybe we can convert gems into membership. That way they could even give a discount for longer memberships.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    -OR-

a player could just save up $5/month and then use it to buy some gems in the existing store. There's already a way to spend money to get things in game and it works. It's functional, there's some balance to it and there are occasionally sales wherein one who saves up and buys during sale time can obtain additional value for the money spent.

This is not really an idea with much merit, in my opinion. It's duplication of function, and contains complexity that is not necessary since the suggested payout is based upon a value that changes within the game - achievement points. Doing something like this opens a messy can of worms. Doing something like this when you already have a functional method in place that works is just - dumb.

Should BB come along and kick in a few more gems to you every time you get more achievement points after you have given them some money? What if you thought you were owed XXX gems because you thought your achievement points were say, 18,000 but BB only gives you enough to cover 17,000? How would you prove what you were owed?

Reply to Thread