Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: industrial / paid mines

Mayor
    World
    Ares

industrial / paid mines

So this evening my industrial iron mine crashed ... a math error... personally, i'm really ticked off.. we Pay Tons for these 'special' mines... they should simply EMPTY - not destroy themselves. for me to replace this from t/o = 20k Granite... or from merchant...nope i couldn't find it in merchant.

BB - please let us KEEP our hard earned buildings... having them self destruct is unfair and mean spirited.

cb

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    ... a math error...
    Not sure why you'd need to hold BB responsible for that. It was your mistake, it was your desicion, you bombed it.

Not sure why you'd run it "close to critical levels" in the first place, what would you have done if you had a ninja emergency to take care of? Leave enough deposit so that you can at least run it 24h unsupervised without worries and that will also cover all sorts of surprises.

I'd entertain your complaint more seriously if it happened during an unsheduled maintenance or something.

Besides, it's not that amazing anyway...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    basically the math error IS that i thought i had more than 24 hrs left.. That point is MOOT -- we PAID for the item - it shouldn't just destroy itself. It should sit empty until it's refilled.

World
    Zeus
    i agree. needs to sit there and not crash destroyed.

World
    Zeus
    Though I am thoroughly sypathetic and as a player, agree with the original post; we have to remember that the powers that be are looking to get paid, as it were, and these special buildings are a form of revenue. :/

An option might be (and this would apply to any/all refillable buildings):
    • Automatically pause/stop production of the building at 15 units or less. This might be a pain if you are running buffed and trying to get that last cycle in, but may be better than losing the building.
    • Send an in-game message and/or system message to the user when a special building drops below a specific value, perhaps 100; giving enough time for the player to take action.

No, neither option is perfect, just ideas.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    I had all my gold mines "Special" mines. The last maintenance that over ran saw them all crash because I couldn't get on. That really pissed me off because had I been able to get on in time, I could have turned them off or refilled them but since BB locked me out I lost all 8 of them. You know what they would say to that?

"Your problem not ours, should have better timed it or not had them run around maintenance time"

I too wish such buildings we pay for would not be destroyed but that's how they make money. Not likely going to see that changed. Now I need to wait until BB turns out those industrial gold mines to replace them.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    sorry - but they Got their revenue when i BOUGHT Them..... now they're just being greedy by letting them crash and expecting me to buy them again.. and as TLC1 has experienced - i too have lost these types of buildings with maint overruns (the moral of that story according to tech support - never believe their maint times).

World
    Ares
    The Industrial Mine is only a building with a faster production speed, but it's still a mine : it will collapse when empty.
    The in-game description also clearly mentions this.

BB_Endesmor

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    BB_Endesmor - we know that the description says that -- that doesn't mean we cant ask BB to change it. As i said - it's a PAID FOR building - not the average mine from the building menu - as such it should have PAID FOR status - same as if you tear down a deer stalker it's not lost forever.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    First, these buildings are different than other gem buildings, in that they produce a limited resource faster than their regular counterparts. I can choose to build another hunter/stalker, but I can't find more gold mines.

The risk, clearly stated when you have the building, is the building is destroyed when the deposit empties.

So you have improved production at the risk of losing the building. I chose not to play with this risk, so only have regular mines.

It does not seem fair to me that you would be able to buy and use this building, knowing the risk, benefit from increased production, then when you are not able to manage the risk go running to BB for a do-over.

I would be in support of some form of level 6 building mine that didn't use a license and returned to star when depleted, or better yet held the mine at 0 gold/iron until refilled manually.
    Last edited by KingHomer; 01-28-16 at 11:48 am. Reason: Updated to supporting a level 6 building since we can take mines to 6 now oops

Reply to Thread