Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter Explorer Strategies 2016

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Easter Explorer Strategies 2016

For those of you who have not checked out the test server, there has been a significant change to how explorers bring back event resources. I like to view it as a...

... to appease the masses.

As it stands now {subject to change at a whim} explorers will always bring back eggs. Yes, every search you send results in eggs. An unbooked search brings back the following.
    Short: 2 or 4 eggs.
    Medium: 3 or 6 eggs.
    Long: 5 or 10 eggs.
    Very Long: 10 or 16 eggs.
    Prolonged: 12 or 24 eggs.

So with no books in any of your tavern explorers and sending them out as soon as they return yields you the following if you always get the low drop.
    Short = 8 eggs per day
    Medium = 6 eggs per day
    Long = 5 eggs per day
    Very Long = 5 eggs per day
    Prolonged = 4 eggs per day

Keep in mind that hopefully you will not be around every time an explorer comes back from a short search. Anywho for previous events it all sort of balanced out within a percent or so but now sending your explorers on the shortest search you will be around to send them back out for is unquestionably the path to take.

If you are curious, here is my math with how my explorers are booked...
    Spoiler
    The text in yellow is eggs per day. This is only for the low egg drop. This does not account for the extra eggs brought back by sturdy shovel.

Tavern = not pictured. Just full manuscripts in the two shorten skills.
    In work = not pictured. Missing the very long codexes.

Done

Adventure

Lucky

Overall I have an army of 19 explorers and doing the math it looks like I can expect just short of 400 eggs a day... which is what I was getting in presents during the Christmas event. Looks like this will have little impact on anything other than making people not complain because their explorers brought back nothing. Just remember that getting all the generals, buildings, and the five scenarios you need for the achievements will cost you nearly 20,000 eggs.

So those are my thoughts on the issue. Hopefully it is more helpful than a waste of your time. Feel free to correct my math or add in return rates more reasonable than being awake and online every hour and a half sending your lucky on a short search. Once again, this is how it stands now and who knows what it shall turn into.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Ares
    Wow, SweaterPuppies! Thank you for the info, and kudos on your explorer army!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Looks like my 21 explorers will be bringing in the same 400 per day, or a bit less for I will have the 3 unbooked Tavern explorers still doing adv searches for Woodcutter drops. The new Lady Explorer will make a welcomed addition!

World
    Zeus
    That looks nice and all, but these things frequently change between test and production folks, so don't hold your breath.

Cute kitten in the post, btw.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I think you mistook "frequently" for "never ever, ever never, never". As for things changed in between updates on test, yeah that happens all of the time.
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    As of the latest update on test, nothing has changed with the explorers. However I was bored enough to check the results with having "Sturdy Shovel" fully booked.

No change. Sturdy Shovel does not apply to event resources? How disappointing.
    One army. Pretty please.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i read somewhere that Wild Determination finds event stuff (silly cause thats for map frags) - i haven't tested it -- it was part of artillerist's explorer guide.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    i read somewhere that Wild Determination finds event stuff (silly cause thats for map frags) - i haven't tested it -- it was part of artillerist's explorer guide.
    People kept saying that, but I never personally saw a connection. Anyway if that ever was the case it got the axe during the Christmas event as no one ever said they got double event resources from a search. Even with the Lucky Explorer which previously did without any books.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    As of the latest update on test, nothing has changed with the explorers. However I was bored enough to check the results with having "Sturdy Shovel" fully booked.

No change. Sturdy Shovel does not apply to event resources? How disappointing.
    this sucks since it was the only reason I trained my explorers with sturdy shovel. Since normally they find adventures outside of events. They really need to stop changing how training affects things with each new week. Since it costs gems / real money to retrain

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post

it used to before the last change.
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    ^^ seriously -- i didn't see you post an update? do you have one? i've been slowly training under your guidance for months and months now

Reply to Thread