Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Feedback: Changelog 02/23/16

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    for those wondering -- WOTS put my mma back where he belonged on the top left in s1 (not bk,rb, or vlt).

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by cleee View Post
    But back to the "Building: Map elements cannot be removed by placing decoration buildings anymore" could we undo this change? It's something that I think we all took into consideration when doing building placements. This is similar to the storehouse exit change that happened a little while ago. while the initial exit position of the improved storehouse may have been a bug, because people have gotten used to it, it's a much larger annoyance to change it now.
    I agree. I don't like this map elements change either. I have a building in a spot right now that if I move it now to replace that building with another. I can't.

Example. I currently have a regular Silo in a spot where if I remove it. (To replace it with an Improved Silo) - I know for a fact that I'm going to not be able to put anything there. It has a already happened once. Don't want to lose another spot.

TIP: If you're wondering if you can place a building in a spot or not. Use the test server to see if you can place a building there before you move it

World
    Zeus
    What a shame to have to go to all this bother to play the game.

World
    Zeus
    From BB_Orowa, Test Server Community Manager (http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ll=1#post40993)

As you probably know from the recent announcements, we are actively looking into how to make those building spots available again. As this is still a work in progress, I cannot currently tell you how this will be done exactly, but as for why it happened:

The map layout collected very many small little errors over the past years. One of the more "bigger" ones, as it was more widely used, was the usage of the flowerbed bug. This never led to serious issues so far. However, due to some future features and other planned changes, this could have potentially led to very serious problems, down to locked zones. That was the reason why it was finally fixed. One of the reasons, why we cant just "switch" back to the old version is because we still need to consider the possible issues for which the fix was made in the first place.

We'll keep you updated on this issue in the upcoming changelogs or maybe even with a bigger announcement.

Magenta
    Community Moderator

TSO on Twitter & Facebook

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    It also looks like the International Press Release of March 4th got lost in the local changes so here's a copy:

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release

Info on building placement and next steps

Dear Settlers,

The last game versions implemented some improvements that affected building placement both on your main island and on the archipelago islands. Previously available building spots became unusable, which made it all the more challenging when larger buildings, such as the Magnificent Residence had to be placed.

Below is an overview of the reported issues and the steps that are currently being planned to address them.

• Less building space
      Before the update on the 23rd of February, it was possible to completely remove landscape objects (e.g. bushes) by placing decoration buildings on them. This could lead to more serious problems like having buildings completely disappear. The implemented improvement caused a reduction in buildable areas.

Following the community feedback, the Dev Team will take another look and is currently trying to find a solution. The goal is to keep the implemented improvements in a way that also adjusts the available building space in a satisfactory manner.

• Blocked buildings and deposits
      Blocking in several areas had to be changed. Previous to this change, it was possible to place objects on the map too close together, with insufficient distance between them to allow other actions. This could result in difficulties with regard to worker pathing (to and from deposits) and would sometimes lead to buildings being partially built on water.
      A solution is in the works to provide more building space by expanding the affected areas.

A variety of solutions are being considered and each idea is being assessed for its impact upon player economy and sustainability within the game. It is planned to deploy a solution to the above with one of the next game versions (April / May 2016).

A "Move Building" Event is also planned in the near future, allowing you to rearrange your islands in a satisfactory manner.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Greetings,
    Per previous comments, and last change log, many of us would like to see the previous change: "Building: Map elements cannot be removed by placing decoration buildings anymore" rolled back, which is absent from this change log, as the feature has been in game for a few years already. And as specific placements have been made with that "feature" it's rather irksome that it's removed after so many years, that it's considered more of a standard hidden feature than anything. Please add the feature back.

World
    Zeus
    I have a better idea, how about leave the ability to remove map elements as it was before and change your future features and planned changes so that we can continue to place witch towers as they were intended rather than changing it's footprint. I feel like you have stolen workable space from my island and the reason you are doing so is that you can't seem to write good enough error handling routines to avoid locked zones which in my opinion, should never have happened in the first place. I can tell you that you have pulled the rug right out from under my future plans for my island since now i am afraid to move anything. I spend gems on the ability to remove rocks/mountains and expand archipelago just to have you take away build-able space that i gained... this is no less than theft in my opinion. Give me back my land that i bought and paid for!

Reply to Thread