Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gold Mines

Settler
    World
    Ares

Gold Mines

I've attached some screenshots of an Industrial Gold Mine and a Special Gold Mine that are both placed on "fast" deposits. I contacted support, and the person that responded said this is "actually working as intended". I guess that means that the equivalent of a level 7 gold mine is supposed to take twice as long to mine gold ore as the equivalent of a level 6 gold mine. I find this hard to believe......well, sort of.
    Attached Images

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Guess this must be common knowledge. No comments. Industrial gold mine was over 1k gems the last time it was offered. Special gold mine can be purchased for 3kc. Special gold mine produces 6 gold ore at 6 minutes on a fast deposit unbuffed. Industrial gold mine produces 7 gold ore at 12 minutes on a fast deposit unbuffed. Guess I'm the idiot thinking a higher level mine would produce more than a lower level one. Oh well. Not really surprised. Good to know it is working as intended.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Well, you did contact support already, they told you to go get lost and that's that...you know we can't do anything and tons of stuff that has been reported dozen and million times ends up in the void.

Personally I don't see the benefit of having the industrial mines anyway, the step from 6 to 7 is really not that huge, albeit with gold it would ease the buff to inflation value a little, but that minuscule benefit for that hand full of gems just doesn't even math.

But yes, this has been reported before.

World
    Zeus
    NO! WAIT! This is NOT correct!!! The 'fast' GM feature applies to the resource cycle time, so a fast GM should ALWAYS be 6m vs. the regular cycle time of 12m.

This cycle time should apply to ANY/ALL mines placed on said deposit, including: Special Gold Mines (I can verify/vouch that it does); Regular Gold Mines (I can also verify/vouch that it does); and even Industrial Gold Mines (I never have owned one).

So, if the BB response is accurate (and I think a rookie may have been responding) that 12m for an Industrial Gold Mine sitting on a 'Fast' GM, then it appears that the Industrial GM actually slows down gold mining!?!?!?!

Say it is not so, BB_Endesmor2!

Addendum:

Checked out test server, unfortunately, IGM is not available atm, so... can only verify what I already know: Regular and Special GM have no effect on cycle rate of the mine (6m for Fast and 12m for regular).

Additionally, I checked with some folks in-guild who have IGM placed on a Fast Despost (ofc), and their cycle time IS 6 minutes. @Rath2040 - Get back with support on this matter -- there is a problem with your island and it needs to be addressed, do not let it go. The type of mine has NO effect on the deposit type.
    Last edited by Raubhautz; 02-25-16 at 09:31 am. Reason: Addendum...
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    Hello everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Rath2040 View Post
    I've attached some screenshots of an Industrial Gold Mine and a Special Gold Mine that are both placed on "fast" deposits.
    Do you remember how "old" is your deposit? Is it a new deposit, or is it an old deposit that you refilled many times?
    I will forward the information to our Customer Support.

BB_Endesmor

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Do you remember how "old" is your deposit? Is it a new deposit, or is it an old deposit that you refilled many times?
    In which relation would that matter though? If he has found the deposit a century ago and it's been fast, then shouldn't that still take effect down the road? Provided of course, the mechanics wasn't scratched or replaced and would now have a faulty description, but that wasn't a case for us. Unless somebody forgot to mention it in the update notes ;p

@Raub
    I'm stuck between reading your post at face value and with a heavy sarcastic tone until the addendum haha

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    In which relation would that matter though?
    It will help us to reproduce the issue and identify the cause.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If its newly placed then it shows 12 min regardless of normal or fast mine. Once you have run the full first cycle it will show correct as 6 min plus transport.

http://prntscr.com/a86x7b

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    If its newly placed then it shows 12 min regardless of normal or fast mine. Once you have run the full first cycle it will show correct as 6 min plus transport.

http://prntscr.com/a86x7b
    Ah, very interesting. Good to know.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The only other issue I can think is possibly if the deposit was found with the new geologist that finds two deposits as i recall he was bugged when first released and although it shows on the second deposit fast shaft , due to the bug only the first found deposit worked for skill tree.

Reply to Thread