Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Zone-wide buffs

World
    Ares

Feedback - Zone-wide buffs

Dear Settlers,

Feel free to leave your comments about the Zone-wide buffs in this thread.

BB_Endesmor

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    some parts sound good, the zone wide buff for the whole production chain would be nice.
    would want to test the additions to the adventures, his vision is better then mine on how and what those additions would be like.

side note your time is off game says today 06;32 pm, it is 11:34 am here
    Last edited by Lora; 02-26-16 at 09:35 am.

World
    Zeus
    Only useful once production chain buffing is available.
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

World
    Ares
    I would recommend zone buffs that force new collect cycle to spawn, trigger higher value collects to spawn next reset (banners, kettles, food carts) in at higher rates or larger amounts for each on found, decrease resources per production cycle for a given time, and making it rain to refill wells.

On adventure islands, it would be nice to have one that would speed up general transfer speed (think FT and Alibabas), make select units attack one level faster (i.e. all xb will atack first strike for next 10 minutes), provide cover from ranged units (reducing enemy hit %) or illuminating traps (good for new players to learn game dynamics faster).

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    ok, I get the changes, but now I have the solar flares to add to the collection of "buffs that don't do squat" now. remember the 2012 Halloween very bright light one?
    sure I can delete them but should that be the point? and will my explorers stop bringing them back? much time and resources were put into skill tree just to have a buff that I have to delete be brought back. just saying don't let that "good idea fairy" run lose in the office, most of the time you got to go back and clean up after it........

World
    Zeus
    Zone buffs could be pretty cool. Please don't make them cost 3,489 guild coins or 999 gems apiece. Please.

Here's an idea for one..... buff boost. Any and all active buffs, including barracks buffs, produce double output for x hours. So a 2x buff is 4x, 3x is 6x, etc.

And I agree with Mr Phu. My explorers should not be bringing back solar flares any more, so please watch for falling dominoes as you develop new features.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Agreed, just as our science system should remain current (e.g. Sophisticated Pillager bringing back current/all adventure bonuses), deleted/removed items should never be brought back by our explorers (especially after a 6.8h search)...

The other issue I see with the zone-wide buffs is with the ones we currently have and can produce in the RPH (Kitty Lure and Forest Offerings) is though they give a 2-square radius, with the tree stumps, rivers, bushes and mountains/rubble/rocks, it is nearly impossible to utilize these buffs efficiently. The problem appears to be compounded by the recent enforcement of usable regions of space on our island. Though these buffs appear nifty at first glance, once you place/center them on a SH (a waste of one of the 9 squares) it is nearly impossible to get maximum usage of the buff. Note if you centered on a iSH, you get even less area buffed.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    learned the hard way that zone buffs can sometimes require all the items to be together.... i had to move all my cutters to be together to use the new forest offering buff...

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I don't use any buffs anymore. Takes to long. Why can't they be applied as fast as Anno's buffs? I don't use buffs very often in Anno, but there a 100 times faster to apply!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Dear Settlers,

Feel free to leave your comments about the Zone-wide buffs in this thread.

BB_Endesmor
    I think it is a good idea.

I can think Of some crazy idea how about a zone buff that change all your building to the same thing, like changing every building to a certain mine, or foresters, woodcut's pine or hard or exotic, or to change them all to farm's etc.

Reply to Thread