Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Rare Building Sale - March 2016

World
    Zeus

Dear Settlers,

The Rare Building Sale is active in the gem merchant.

Please leave your feedback on the Rare Building Sale here.
    Magenta
    Community Moderator

TSO on Twitter & Facebook

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Great Building sale, but we need a Gem sale to go with it

Love this Building sale going on right now, but I think a lot of us need a Gem sale in the morning to go with this.

I think BB would make a killing with a Gem sale right now

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I have seen a lot of forum posts asking for this. Might be the only way I ever get a bone church. A bit pricey for my taste though. If it moves gem sales and keeps the game going I am all for it.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Really unfortunate to see this, but I suppose the idea of 'earning' a rarity was killed a long time ago...if not then, it is now

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    I have seen a lot of forum posts asking for this. Might be the only way I ever get a bone church. A bit pricey for my taste though. If it moves gem sales and keeps the game going I am all for it.
    Agree... I do not like 'buying' everything, and prefer to 'earn' my stuff, but looks like I'll have to cough up the gems for a Bone Church... Not only is the .5% drop rate tough, but tougher still is getting 3 other players to want to play a Whirlwind.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    +1
    I sometimes wonder about their business model, lol

World
    Ares
    nah buy everything then you can retire lol
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by DJHerbalT View Post
    Really unfortunate to see this, but I suppose the idea of 'earning' a rarity was killed a long time ago...if not then, it is now
    ^^ This.

World
    Zeus
    If you really want to be successful on these special sales then BB needs to consider having a gem sale at the same time and advertising them in advance so that people can plan their schedules and purchases.

In addition, having a Building sale when there are known issues with Buildings being moved or torn-down and replaced and the loss of building sites since the last Game Update and before these issues are resolved is only going to compound the problem by increasing the number of players potentially suffering adverse outcomes by it...

See: [ http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...t-usable-space) ]

So I wont be making any further changes until the move/replace buildings issues are resolved and hope to see a similar sale after it is.

World
    Zeus
    Based on experience, watching other sales as well as activity on other servers, my hypothesis is this: BB is following the standard business model - they are generating enough gem sales (revenue) for/from TSO from those players who are currently purchasing gems at normal (not sale) rates. I am guessing that though we have a few of these types of players on the 2 North American servers, the many other servers of the world generate more sales than we do; as such, gem sales to increase the revenue is a bonus and not a requirement. Further, consider that an excessive numbers of sales might stunt gem sales in the log run as those who can already afford weekly/monthly purchases, 'stock up'. BB is in this for the cash, for this there is no doubt.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread