Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Friendly Advice of the Day

World
    Zeus
    Yeah, pretty sure the blocking being referred to in the upcoming dev log is the island grid and/or building "blocks", not blocking as we know it in adventures. Every communication coming down to us from BB should start with.... "my English, she no so good, but leesen anyways".
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    This is what Blue Byte means by blocks in this case...
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Orowa View Post
    Hey everyone, I hope these answers help you with your questions.

There is a grid on the map to which buildings "snap" to, which for example prevents building on water. On the island itself, some elements have a "blocking grid", which basically blocks you from building anything there, like on the top of a mountain, or on the event island. There were several small blocking grids that got moved/adjusted and changed the map layout. On top of the other reported issues, these are smaller changes. It is usually just 1/2 blocks that changed. We are adjusting those back, so they are buildable again.
    This is the point I was trying to make with blocking is this... the tear down phase with the counter bar is critical to blocking from how I understand it, which is not much. I assume the 0 troop camps disappearing means they will be toying with the fact that camps themselves have hit points, or at least the coding. Let us go to recent history. The introduced the zone wide buff thing, the fairy fly and whatever the other one is are now buggy. They played with the default adventure zoom and it does not behave like they say it does. They moved an iron mine location on the archipelago multiple types of deposits went crazy. Going further back, they played with where generals land and that got buggy causing jumping generals and troops changing during attacks. They introduced the MoD giving generals hit points and a year later we still are plagued with false dead generals returning from attacks. In the end I shall be a grumpy pessimist and assume that them messing with how camps work will cause some problem with blocks. So next week if blocks that have been reliable for years start failing for us, I would not be surprised. If not, hooray!
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    stopping the blocking will kill the game almost immediately
    yep.

Reply to Thread